No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to get rid of it
FA Compo wouldn't be as bad if it weren't tied to ladder position. Band 1 should default to end of 1st round and so on.

If they do away with FA Compo that's the perfect time to also tackle Academy & Father/Son bids so we don't end up with farce drafts like this year's.

Dodo gonna tie this in with other deals and hijack all of trade week.

“We’ll give you Carlton’s pick 7 we’re getting for Saad and GWS third we’ll be swindling in the Caldwell trade for Dunkley, pick 12 and pick 37....”
He's the centrepiece of 6 trades. Kill me now.

Get in and smash our trades with any club affected by Dodo at the outset, do deals that see them with lessor picks under the proviso we will even up down the track and then let them extort the idiot with 6 beans because 'you can't get blood out of a stone'. It's time the collective told this ******* he is not part of the club and to * right off.

Get in and smash our trades with any club affected by Dodo at the outset, do deals that see them with lessor picks under the proviso we will even up down the track and then let them extort the idiot with 6 beans because 'you can't get blood out of a stone'. It's time the collective told this ******* he is not part of the club and to fu** right off.
I reckon we'll play it smart. Could be some 3 way deals we can get involved and benefit from. When they get desperate and it's tick, tock...

They really should have coincided this trade period with Octoberfest, and just renamed it Dodofest.

Every time he scoffs at a trade, you skull a pot of beer 🍺 Every time he makes a ridiculous trade suggestion, you skull a beer 🍺 From a shot glass. Slobbo/Bellend says how he’s killing trade week and Essendon are the best traders Skull a stubby of beer 🍺 After he does a trade skull a pint of beer. After Dodofest is finished and Slobbo ranks essendon in the top three of winning the trades drink a bottle of water if your still alive.

my estimation is you would of consumed a bottle of water 💧, 2 pints 🍻, 4.5 cartons of stubbies 🍺, 243 pots 🍺 and 1097 shots 🍺.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gosh its tragic these three unassuming young men will never earn the Premiership they so earnestly thought they deserved.

Uhh they did win a MccLelland Trophy last year...... that's... well that's something right?

1dbee4542f6939abb70f22ec9a6ba2bb740dac85

Gosh its tragic these three unassuming young men will never earn the Premiership they so earnestly thought they deserved.

Uhh they did win a MccLelland Trophy last year...... that's... well that's something right?

1dbee4542f6939abb70f22ec9a6ba2bb740dac85
Even with all the home ground assistance and shorter quarters to suit the older players they have they still couldn’t win the whole thing. It’s only down from here.

I was a sales rep based in Melbourne years ago. As was the convention at the time I had a regional territory that covered Shepparton, up onto the Murray from Deniliquin to Mildura. The first time I did the run I planned to stay in Deniliquin for the night. I pulled into a motel, walked into reception and asked for a room. The receptionist confirmed a room and we began the paperwork.

Suddenly a sign on the desk caught my eye. “Proudly owned and operated by Neville and ..... Bruns”. I said to her “I’m sorry I can’t stay here, is there somewhere else you would recommend?” “Why?” She asked.“Because Neville ******* Bruns runs this place and the thought of staying here makes me want to vomit” was my response. Went into town and stayed at the pub.

I’m so happy that those campaigners lost yesterday. I particularly enjoyed Scott’s brilliant coaching - hahahahaha hahahahaha.

Suffer handbaggers.

Love how quickly mindset can change, spoke to my brother in law this afternoon who is a mad cats supporter after chatting Friday

Last Friday - cockahoop they are getting Cameron , in red hot form , very confident and looking at a 3-4 year run at the top with Scott coaching at the top of his game.
Dangerfield huge chance of the NS
This afternoon - list is too old , doesnt want to give picks up , Cameron will use too much collateral up and may not be a good fit, Danger choked again , time to move Scott on , clearly short season and 1/4s helped them .

😀 was hard not to smile hearing it all ( he is actually a good guy )

Love how quickly mindset can change, spoke to my brother in law this afternoon who is a mad cats supporter after chatting Friday

Last Friday - cockahoop they are getting Cameron , in red hot form , very confident and looking at a 3-4 year run at the top with Scott coaching at the top of his game.
Dangerfield huge chance of the NS
This afternoon - list is too old , doesnt want to give picks up , Cameron will use too much collateral up and may not be a good fit, Danger choked again , time to move Scott on , clearly short season and 1/4s helped them .

😀 was hard not to smile hearing it all ( he is actually a good guy )
Same. I had a Geelol mate I had to console too. So hard to do when your smiling your a$$ off 😂

Last edited:
My favorite ever Hawk is Dermott Brereton.

I found a new podcast, with Tony Wilson, all about Derm's career, based on Derm's old AFL video "Hits and Memories". It is just great, especially if you never tire of people remembering the great man. The link is:

You can also find the full video "Hits and Memories" on Youtube: I didn't know about that either.

I was just looking at the various club champion awards, and the names of the people the award is honouring.

For example:
Hawthorn: Peter Crimmins Medal
Sydney: Bob Skilton Medal
St.Kilda: Trevor Barker Medal
Western Bulldogs: Charlie Sutton Medal
Richmond: Jack Dyer Medal

All great people from those clubs' history.

Then I get to:
Greater Western Sydney: Kevin Sheedy Medal

WTF? Kevin Sheedy!! Coached the club to consecutive wooden spoons in their first 2 seasons, then couldn't wait to get back to Essendon. I'm tired of the credit this man receives.

At least Gold Coast has the decency to consider they are only a fledgling club who haven't been around very long, so they call their award "Club Champion".

I was just looking at the various club champion awards, and the names of the people the award is honouring.

For example:
Hawthorn: Peter Crimmins Medal
Sydney: Bob Skilton Medal
St.Kilda: Trevor Barker Medal
Western Bulldogs: Charlie Sutton Medal
Richmond: Jack Dyer Medal

All great people from those clubs' history.

Then I get to:
Greater Western Sydney: Kevin Sheedy Medal

WTF? Kevin Sheedy!! Coached the club to consecutive wooden spoons in their first 2 seasons, then couldn't wait to get back to Essendon. I'm tired of the credit this man receives.

At least Gold Coast has the decency to consider they are only a fledgling club who haven't been around very long, so they call their award "Club Champion".
Kevin Shitty Medal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back