Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Collins-Langford-Ayres

Hall of Famer
Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Stand a metre behind the mark and then you can move laterally like usual. I guess that will be the answer - simply be a step behind the umpires marked spot.
Also expect more players behind the ball to run forward to fill gaps for the short kick forward or sideward and those well in front of the ball will occupy the space 50 - 60 metres from where the mark was taken, rather than 40 - 50.

Hawkas1988

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
Stand a metre behind the mark and then you can move laterally like usual. I guess that will be the answer - simply be a step behind the umpires marked spot.
I think I read you have to be 5m behind the mark to do that. If 1m behind it would still be penalised.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Strapping Young Lad

previously Messenger
Apr 19, 2006
Your local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs, Socceroos
I think I read you have to be 5m behind the mark to do that. If 1m behind it would still be penalised.

And yeah, Joe Blogs stands 5m behind the mark, moves sideways and Razor Ray blows the whistle and says “you crept forward, come with me!”.

It’s just a ******* terrible rule that is going to be the reason 5000+ remote controls get hurled at the TV in Round 1.

Hawkas1988

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
And yeah, Joe Blogs stands 5m behind the mark, moves sideways and Razor Ray blows the whistle and says “you crept forward, come with me!”.

It’s just a ******* terrible rule that is going to be the reason 5000+ remote controls get hurled at the TV in Round 1.
Yeah it's absolutely terrible. The first month or 2 of radio and TV will be dominated by this rule and the repercussions of it. Not looking forward to it.

Judd2Sewell

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

Players will have to demand that the umpires mark 5m behind, and then take another step back. As ridiculous as it is the players will need to make the umpires accountable by confirming the exact spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wahawk

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2006
sorrento wa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't get all the angst with these 'expert' predictions.
Its great for us , no pressure on the young guys and I reckon this is where Clarko is at his best .

I think we will be pretty competitive in most games, might cop a belting here or there , but be a lot better next year . No matter where we finish this season .
I don’t get the angst either, considering most in here think the same & have posted such

Strapping Young Lad

previously Messenger
Apr 19, 2006
Your local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs, Socceroos
I don’t get the angst either, considering most in here think the same & have posted such
Interesting the squiggle has us finishing on 9 wins when you do the auto-tip function, even with losses against the Roos.

Reckon we’ll surprise a few if we can get Mitchell, Gunston, Wingard back by Round 2-3.

CliffMcTainshaw

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fox Footy's latest prediction for our Round 1 Team.

HAWTHORN

B:
Will Day, Kyle Hartigan, Blake Hardwick

HB: Damon Greaves, Sam Frost, Jarman Impey

C: Connor Downie, Tom Phillips, Tom Scully

HF: Chad Wingard, Mitch Lewis, Shaun Burgoyne

F: Oliver Hanrahan, Tim O’Brien, Luke Breust

FOLL: Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara

I/C: Liam Shiels, Jack Scrimshaw, Jon Ceglar, James Cousins

Who writes this stuff?

Is Scully making a comeback?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/47457c13027695f586626790670976c3

Last edited:

Brant

Premium Platinum
Sep 6, 2009
Padbury; WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Fox Footy's latest prediction for our Round 1 Team.

HAWTHORN

B:
Will Day, Kyle Hartigan, Blake Hardwick

HB: Damon Greaves, Sam Frost, Jarman Impey

C: Connor Downie, Tom Phillips, Tom Scully

HF: Chad Wingard, Mitch Lewis, Shaun Burgoyne

F: Oliver Hanrahan, Tim O’Brien, Luke Breust

FOLL: Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara

I/C: Liam Shiels, Jack Scrimshaw, Jon Ceglar, James Cousins

Who writes this stuff?

Is Scully making a comeback?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/47457c13027695f586626790670976c3
After seeing Scully named, I've heard Patton is pi55ed off to have been left out.

Brant

Premium Platinum
Sep 6, 2009
Padbury; WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Almost forgot about Patton. The fiasco that keeps dragging on.
Will be overshadowed by the furore surrounding the stupid man-on-the-mark rule & will be far less offensive than what 90% of NRL players get caught doing this season.

Either that or Patton will be poached by an NRL club into their leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad