No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always saddens me when players are sidelined for significant periods or through ongoing injuries - careers are so short and you think what might of been for JAG and now Rowell also having two serious consecutive injuries.

Max Bailey, Woody, morabito, Lloyd and of course WhiteX who missed out on a couple of premierships all had their careers shortened

Always saddens me when players are sidelined for significant periods or through ongoing injuries - careers are so short and you think what might of been for JAG and now Rowell also having two serious consecutive injuries.

Max Bailey, Woody, morabito, Lloyd and of course WhiteX who missed out on a couple of premierships all had their careers shortened
Omerea is the big shame, I remember seeing a clip of him playing for the Suns picking the ball off the ground running full tilt with out breaking stride, wish I could find the clip again.

The pace of the game is so dam fast now, feels like far more collision injury’s the usual, will be interesting how soft tissues play out

Omerea is the big shame, I remember seeing a clip of him playing for the Suns picking the ball off the ground running full tilt with out breaking stride, wish I could find the clip again.

the heartbreak for me was whitex - so so close, dying minutes of a prelim - tragic

At the risk of having a "back in my day" moment, there was a bloke named Hudson and another named Knights who had their careers shortened by injury.

Little OT, but I’am looking to head up for the swans game in round 13 I think it is. With the fixture only published a few rounds at a time, I am starting to wonder what the best way is to go about this. The game being 10 weeks away + bye round, and the potential the game to fall on a Thursday night is kinda annoying me
Long weekend? There's probably one or two things to keep you busy in Sydney.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Little OT, but I’am looking to head up for the swans game in round 13 I think it is. With the fixture only published a few rounds at a time, I am starting to wonder what the best way is to go about this. The game being 10 weeks away + bye round, and the potential the game to fall on a Thursday night is kinda annoying me
The interesting thing is that with the rolling TV fixture, the timeslot for all future Hawthorn games could get ugly.
If we consistently can't score 10 or 12 goals do channel 7 want us in prime time?
Thankfully you are considering a Swans match, which shouldn't be too much of a concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interesting thing is that with the rolling TV fixture, the timeslot for all future Hawthorn games could get ugly.
If we consistently can't score 10 or 12 goals do channel 7 want us in prime time?
Thankfully you are considering a Swans match, which shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Jiath and Impey might, in all seriousness, land us some marquee slots on their own.

Jiath and Impey might, in all seriousness, land us some marquee slots on their own.
I dont think ive ever had so many friends and family who support other clubs say they love watching one of our players as much as CJ.

My brother in law was there Monday and said couldnt stop watching him , loves the way he plays ....and he barracks for the cats!

I made a comment on this very issue a couple of days ago.

If our coaching panel continue to favour the defensive side of the game over kicking goals it will have a financial impact on the club in regards to crowd numbers, sponsors, access to prime time slots on free to air TV, etc.

Not many neutral supporters are going to be thrilled at watching a 7 goals to 11 slog.

For what it's worth, I think this 'manning the mark' rule change coupled with reduced interchanges (to 75) would've been perfect for Tom Scully.

Shame he couldn't hang on another year to play in this environment with these guys, in a running game style.

For what it's worth, I think this 'manning the mark' rule change coupled with reduced interchanges (to 75) would've been perfect for Tom Scully.

Shame he couldn't hang on another year to play in this environment with these guys, in a running game style.

While I don't disagree, considering the sudden development of Harry Morrison I wouldn't change a thing about the Scully situation if we had a choice to bring him back.

At the risk of having a "back in my day" moment, there was a bloke named Hudson and another named Knights who had their careers shortened by injury.
He missed the 1976 Brownlow by a couple of votes after missing at least 7 games during the season with a busted shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back