No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but as soon as he played the mental health card I think the club was forced to take the soft approach. That ends this dirty saga.
Lets be clear he did not play the mental health card there was no playing going on Patton was in a dark place for quite a while

didnt Hanners get 5 years ?,,,how many has he got left ???

Chip and Carlisle will need to be replaced
Did Ryder get 2 ?

Hannebery contracted for another 2 years after this. Ryder end of this year. I thought they were trying to shop Carlisile last year? Either way they are all in with this group.

What did you want from the club?
Not that it was ever going to happen but I wanted the club to sack him. This was never going to end well for all parties involved and the club knew exactly the position we were in.
Having the AFL take over the saga just reeks of taking the softer option.
Anyway it’s just my opinion and like A-holes everyone has one.

Just hope we all learn from this sordid mess.

FWIW he has walked away from the club without a payout, still critically mentally unwell after 35 days in hospital and not improving according to Ralph. The AFL have been unable to interview him to make a determination as to allegations against him.

You could say it’s because he’s guilty And taking the cowards way out or maybe it’s that the allegations have shocked him and caused the breakdown - we aren’t ever going to know.

I don’t want him at the club regardless of which scenario is right, but IMO I think the club took the correct stance from the outset and stood him down until an investigation was complete and could then make a decision. We couldn’t do anything else without an investigation.

Thankfully, Patton has done the right thing and taken it out of the clubs hands and we now have a mid season pick and we’ve freed up more money in the salary cap

it’s now over and we all move on

Last edited:

FWIW he has walked away from the club without a payout, still critically mentally unwell after 35 days in hospital and not improving according to Ralph and the AFL have been unable to interview him to make a determination as to allegations against him.

You could say it’s because he’s guilty And taking the cowards way out or maybe it’s that the allegations have shocked him and caused the breakdown - we aren’t ever going to know.

I don’t want him at the club regardless of which scenario is right but IMO I think the club took the correct stance from the outset and stood him down until an investigation was complete and then make a decision. we couldn’t do anything else without an investigation

Thankfully, Patton has done the right thing and taken it out of the clubs hands and we now have a mid season pick and we’ve freed up more money in the salary cap

Yep spot on Off The Couch great post

FWIW he has walked away from the club without a payout, still critically mentally unwell after 35 days in hospital and not improving according to Ralph and the AFL have been unable to interview him to make a determination as to allegations against him.

I don’t want him at the club regardless of which scenario is right but IMO I think the club took the correct stance from the outset and stood him down until an investigation was complete and then make a decision. we couldn’t do anything else without an investigation

Well said.

I would add that maybe social media (big bother) absolutely meant that whatever is true is utterly irrelevant.

As your last sentence says - "so over and we all move on" - Yep, it's so over that if something awful happened we'd be nonplussed, except for all forms of media, social or otherwise, if it means it can generate more cash from it.

Which is a disgraceful outcome for every human.

Last edited:
How stupidly s**t is the Foxtel ad, where stupid Coniglio's eyebrow talks to the screen...?

Who approves this garbage?
John EyEbrowed (howard).......man he had has some eyebrows.

Which is probably actually true he was such a Murdock arse licker

Watching a lot of games so far this season, where I think we could really hold our own and be super competitive against most sides. If we fix a few things in our game .

Another one of those games tonight so far .
Bit more class - more games into kids, esp the spine (no more injuries please) a nice silky player for the middle from this years draft plus another tall kid for down back........................please somebody stream the Box Hill games.....would love to watch what Sammy is doing.

Watching a lot of games so far this season, where I think we could really hold our own and be super competitive against most sides. If we fix a few things in our game .

Another one of those games tonight so far .

Clean ball handling is one of those things we need to improve. I’m enjoying watching a game with less fumbling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood looking so good with fast movement into the forward line to players that can mark.

Makes me excited about what our forward line can be with Gunston/Sicily/Lewis running around.
Don't say that, it's forbidden.

Well well, is Grundy's aggression (the ruck) setting the tone, just like Nic Nats' plaming did the week before?

Geeeez imagine that - Don Scott, John Kenney Snr, Clark Keating, Ottens, Robbie Cambpell - these guys set the effing tone for the enitre side at the first bounce.

Such a shame if that’s a serious injury to Howe - love the way he plays the game. Exciting to watch

Allen is great to watch - be nice if we could entice him across

West Coast have been disappointing post 2018. They should have been the side challenging Richmond and on paper they still look very strong: gun ruck, gun mids, three gun marking forwards and one of the best CHBs of the generation. They are just a bit flakey.

Don't say that, it's forbidden.

Well well, is Grundy's aggression (the ruck) setting the tone, just like Nic Nats' plaming did the week before?

Geeeez imagine that - Don Scott, John Kenney Snr, Clark Keating, Ottens, Robbie Cambpell - these guys set the effing tone for the enitre side at the first bounce.

Hahaha, I have to say, I was adamant that he was crucial to our defence and needed to be kept down there... but it turns out we’re still quite good down there without him.

Impey - Hartigan - Hardwick
Jiath - Frost - Scrimshaw
Is a solid back 6.

Breust - Gunston - Wingard
Sicily - Lewis - Moore
Looks a lot more dangerous than we’ve been playing with so far!

Do you remember when Sicily won us two games in a row with kicks for goal just about on the siren?

Such a shame if that’s a serious injury to Howe - love the way he plays the game. Exciting to watch

Allen is great to watch - be nice if we could entice him across
Reckon he’s either strained or torn his Semitendinosus. Partial tear could be between 4-8 weeks out with a full rupture up to 3 months. He’s their most important backman IMO.

Hahaha, I have to say, I was adamant that he was crucial to our defence and needed to be kept down there... but it turns out we’re still quite good down there without him.

Is a solid back 6.

Sicily - Lewis - Moore

Do you remember when Sicily won us two games in a row with kicks for goal just about on the siren?
Bob Murphy probably doesn’t

Is a solid back 6.

Sicily - Lewis - Moore

Add Day to that backline, no need to play Sicily back

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back