No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just because they are aboriginal they should not be compared all the time. Why not compare Pickett to Milne? See how Pickett goes when the team is struggling as well. Very early call from afl.com.au
Oof!
Think I'd rather the Rioli comparison as a player to be frank.

Ok the AFL website is saying that Kosi Pickett is already better than Rioli - Don't get me wrong, Kosi is an amazing talent but seriously - 4 time premiership player Norm Smith medallist and did those freakish things which such regularity over an entire career not just 5 games absolute bollocks to compare them.

Mind you if Melbourne balls up their payment structure and he Kosi wants and deserves more they are giving him when his next contract comes along I am more than happy for us to grab him and stick put him in our forward line.
Well I do remember that pivotal 1-3 contest on a wing in a GF that Kosi won , also that sublime crumb and goal he kicked in the same quarter of the same GF.
So its a good comparison ....yeah nah

Well I do remember that pivotal 1-3 contest on a wing in a GF that Kosi won , also that sublime crumb and goal he kicked in the same quarter of the same GF.
So its a good comparison ....yeah nah
I just feel sorry for Kozzie as its not fair comparing the kid so early in his career to someone who ended up achieving so much let alone blatantly going out and insinuating that he already might be better. Let the kid play FFS and just enjoy the ride without heaping on the pressure of comparing him to a 4 x premiership player and 1 x Norm Smith medalist.

Hmmm - I can only do my picks for tonight based on umpires.

The handbags will still do fine but it will not be as well as usual, since snitchmond are just as protected - no idea of the ins and outs - but I just can't ever pick the handbags.

As long as sook scott needs his dummy I just don't care - as most won't about this post - totally bored with this season already, it aint got nothing to with us, because I like watching us reset - but just the comp in general.

Ok the AFL website is saying that Kosi Pickett is already better than Rioli - Don't get me wrong, Kosi is an amazing talent but seriously - 4 time premiership player Norm Smith medallist and did those freakish things which such regularity over an entire career not just 5 games absolute bollocks to compare them.

Mind you if Melbourne balls up their payment structure and he Kosi wants and deserves more they are giving him when his next contract comes along I am more than happy for us to grab him and stick put him in our forward line.

Meh its all good. Why get worked up about it? The article is chock full of praise for Cyril too.

Kossi is a god damn delight to watch.

And what are we comparing them against - what’s the criteria

each of them bring something different - I always loved watching Eddie and Cyril play for example. Both exciting players to watch and both could turn a game in a heart beat

At the moment I love watching Kozzie and Shai and then there’s Edwards and yes I am only selecting Aboriginal players because this seems to be a “thing” with the media

I just feel sorry for Kozzie as its not fair comparing the kid so early in his career to someone who ended up achieving so much let alone blatantly going out and insinuating that he already might be better. Let the kid play FFS and just enjoy the ride without heaping on the pressure of comparing him to a 4 x premiership player and 1 x Norm Smith medalist.

‘I’m looking right now at Tom Hawkins who had to be given a lot of senior experience before he came good. And I mean a lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back