No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a tough gig being off country and away from family during a long rehab. Would of had a very significant impact on his mental health.

No different from Cyril in the end

Complete coincidence all these Aboriginal players are experiencing off-field issues, never heard of it happening before.
What is this s**t?

Question I have been asking myself is, do I love the Hawks or rather love the Hawks when they are winning. I’m nearly 40 so reflecting on the last 25 years or so that I really can truely reflect on, the answer starts to become easy and very clear - absolutely love em! Wouldn’t want to support any other club in the AFL nor emotionally invest in any other sporting club in the world.
So I suppose what I am saying is stick fat, constructively criticise if you need be, but keep showing up week in week out and it will be our turn at the top again soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t we already have two players retire this year us to off-field issues?
Well, at least one. The other had life/relationship issues.

Not sure where else to ask this (if there is a more suitable thread please let me know) but a couple of family members who are Essendon members (yes, eww) have received emails from their club regarding a new members ticketing strategy competition wide involving the downloading of a club app of some sort to scan into games
Unfortunately, as happens with AFL clubs, the information is very vague

Anyone heard anything about this and what it's all about?
Cheers for any info

With the Bolton Rioli incident, do the makers of the ‘unmute yourself’ realise such action can come with a cost?
They were playing that ad with the guys BBQing in the stadium before the Saints game the other week. One guy talking disrespectfully about women in sport, the other guy just silently but uncomfortably listens. Rewind, this time he speaks up and says "that's not on mate". How does his misogynistic mate respond after a brief moment of reflection? "Yeah, you're right mate. Sorry"

Had to laugh. s**t rarely goes down like that in real life. Best case the person you're interacting with respects you highly enough to actually take it on board in that moment. More likely is that if they have such little respect for women they probably have little respect for anyone who doesn't share their views on women. And if they're a drunken stranger in a nightclub groping a woman then chances are saying "that's not on mate" isn't going to get you anywhere but into a physical altercation.

The intent behind the messages are good and I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't be trying to stop the behaviours, or that the Tigers boys could perhaps have found a better way to deal with it (don't know the details of the situation). Just agreeing with you that this type of incident is more reflective of these kinds of scenarios and how they're likely to go down when testosterone and alcohol are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back