No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also big issues at Geelong internally, chatting to a source as close as you can be to the club, big culture issues around Dangerfield, Smith tore them to shreds apparently post game, certain older players didn't want to cop it
Go Smithy!
I wonder how it went down. Will be a real test of how well liked he is down there.

WHere can I learn more about what happened?

Last edited:
Also big issues at Geelong internally, chatting to a source as close as you can be to the club, big culture issues around Dangerfield, Smith tore them to shreds apparently post game, certain older players didn't want to cop it
Talk of it all season too, unhappy players , rifts between some coaches . Smoke/Fire .

Nothing to see here though , its exactly the same as 2010 going to 2011 according to Gerard Whately 😆

I’m pretty sure I remember people talking about issues around Danger and a few senior players a couple of years ago. Where people weren’t happy.

Plus there’s been talk of how Geelong just want to make finals each year not interested in taking the next step.

Smith probably realising he’s been sold a lemon. Good on him for ripping them to shreds though, they were pathetic last Friday. And long may the be pathetic.

I’m pretty sure I remember people talking about issues around Danger and a few senior players a couple of years ago. Where people weren’t happy.

Plus there’s been talk of how Geelong just want to make finals each year not interested in taking the next step.

Smith probably realising he’s been sold a lemon. Good on him for ripping them to shreds though, they were pathetic last Friday. And long may the be pathetic.
Had the choice of 3 years at Melbourne or 2 years at Cats

I'd be pretty sore too

If he did rip them to shreds they should be listening. Comes from a hugely successful organisation that did not accept poor performance when it counted. I hope it put toolbags like Danger's nose out of joint.

Who is this?

image_2021-09-17_192149.png

James Frawley's brother in law

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is gold from Sicily

This staggers me. In the space of 1 year, Geelong have delisted three Norwood juniors without even giving them a try. Kennerley, Jarvis and Taheny. I'm not saying all of them would have gone onto play 200 games, but all three had enough talent to play AFL. I've seen worse players get games.

To think they have been used as nothing more than stocking fillers just amazes me. Well done Geelong for attempting to destroy young careers.

This staggers me. In the space of 1 year, Geelong have delisted three Norwood juniors without even giving them a try. Kennerley, Jarvis and Taheny. I'm not saying all of them would have gone onto play 200 games, but all three had enough talent to play AFL. I've seen worse players get games.

To think they have been used as nothing more than stocking fillers just amazes me. Well done Geelong for attempting to destroy young careers.
Geelong’s development of young players has been very poor for a while. Both Scott brothers have proven terrible at it.

Brian Cook confirmed as new CEO of Carlton

Wonder if Clarko sees more stability now
With the amount of people watching their backs over there, I’m not sure, but if he does join there’s a silver lining for us at least.

With the amount of people watching their backs over there, I’m not sure, but if he does join there’s a silver lining for us at least.
Got the feeling this is the game changer for Clarkson though.

Surely Carlton now have one last dabble and get that $12m/7yr contract out again.

.....and we can free up 900k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back