Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Probably should consider a name change.

The Apologist, What did George Pell actually do, Treat 'em mean - keep 'em keen and Whatever it Takes seem more apt given his piss poor attitude.

Lowlife.
Let's be real bit of a difference between a convicted pedo and a young kid that has allegations against him, only reported after the two supposedly broke up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell Madness

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Feel for him.
Her going and posting it online before the investigation means he is tarred with the Mrs beater brush, regardless of guilt.

We had a couple of players a few yrs ago who were being investigated for rape. Thankfully they didn't have their names published, because it proved to be 100% incorrect (thanks to a taxi driver who volunteered his security footage proving the "victim" wasn't passed out)

Now, if he isn't charged, you are going to get the anti-DV campaigners crying about the problem, saying he's guilty

If he is charged, anyone with doubt on the accusation is going to campaign (fruitlessly) about how he couldn't get a fair trial etc...

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Let's be real bit of a difference between a convicted pedo and a young kid that has allegations against him, only reported after the two supposedly broke up.
I agree that I wouldn't be comparing him to Pell
Do you think maybe they broke up because of what he did?
You seem more interested in suggesting this didn't happen than it did.
Pretty common view because people don't want to think it goes on and this is the issue that all victims of DV deal with, they don't get the support and belief from the community that they are victims

Feel for him.
Her going and posting it online before the investigation means he is tarred with the Mrs beater brush, regardless of guilt.

We had a couple of players a few yrs ago who were being investigated for rape. Thankfully they didn't have their names published, because it proved to be 100% incorrect (thanks to a taxi driver who volunteered his security footage proving the "victim" wasn't passed out)

Now, if he isn't charged, you are going to get the anti-DV campaigners crying about the problem, saying he's guilty

If he is charged, anyone with doubt on the accusation is going to campaign (fruitlessly) about how he couldn't get a fair trial etc...
I feel for the victims of DV and abuse
If you think that in DV cases the accused is the one statistically getting an unfair trial maybe you should go look into how few cases even make it to trial and how much the system isn't set up to deal with this.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty common view because people don't want to think it goes on and this is the issue that all victims of DV deal with, they don't get the support and belief from the community that they are victims

If you think that in DV cases the accused is the one statistically getting an unfair trial maybe you should go look into how few cases even make it to trial and how much the system isn't set up to deal with this.
I’m not defending DV here but as it stands nothing has been proven either way, what Hodgey Road said was clumsy at best but let’s just hold off the lynch mob until the dust settles and we can work out what actually happened.

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
I’m not defending DV here but as it stands nothing has been proven either way, what Hodgey Road said was clumsy at best but let’s just hold off the lynch mob until the dust settles and we can work out what actually happened.
Yes nothing has been decided as yet but how do you look at a tweet about someone being arrested and interviewed by the police in relation to DV and immediately respond with this?

Hopefully swans delist him and we take him and remove one of the 15 talentless spuds we have on our list.

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
In completely unrelated news if you are a Hawks Player Sponsor Garf has posted about the final event for the year here

There is an opportunity for one of us to join a Zoom this Thursday night with Jaeger, McEvoy, Shields, Gunston, Breust and Will Day and for some reason nobody has put their hand up for it :think:

MrPremiership

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's good to see Essendon falling apart at the seams.

Pre-season hype was next level, they were aiming to win the flag, not just win a final.

Now, they could finish as low as 14th, they have no gameplan, Daniher still wants to leave and you've got multiple over 30s doing not much

Even fanboy Slobbo wants Sheedy back at the club!!

eldorado

Previously eldorado
Oct 18, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Athletic Bilbao
In completely unrelated news if you are a Hawks Player Sponsor Garf has posted about the final event for the year here

There is an opportunity for one of us to join a Zoom this Thursday night with Jaeger, McEvoy, Shields, Gunston, Breust and Will Day and for some reason nobody has put their hand up for it :think:
I reckon 95% of us are completely and utterly ******* sick of Zoom; we read the word 'Zoom', and ...zoom! We ran away!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
So Taylor has been charged with assault for events in Perth and there is a separate investigation into events in Sydney from earlier in the year.....

Glacier

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
close
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Try being a male victim

Top Bottom