No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel for him.
Her going and posting it online before the investigation means he is tarred with the Mrs beater brush, regardless of guilt.

We had a couple of players a few yrs ago who were being investigated for rape. Thankfully they didn't have their names published, because it proved to be 100% incorrect (thanks to a taxi driver who volunteered his security footage proving the "victim" wasn't passed out)

Now, if he isn't charged, you are going to get the anti-DV campaigners crying about the problem, saying he's guilty

If he is charged, anyone with doubt on the accusation is going to campaign (fruitlessly) about how he couldn't get a fair trial etc...

Let's be real bit of a difference between a convicted pedo and a young kid that has allegations against him, only reported after the two supposedly broke up.
I agree that I wouldn't be comparing him to Pell
Do you think maybe they broke up because of what he did?
You seem more interested in suggesting this didn't happen than it did.
Pretty common view because people don't want to think it goes on and this is the issue that all victims of DV deal with, they don't get the support and belief from the community that they are victims

Feel for him.
Her going and posting it online before the investigation means he is tarred with the Mrs beater brush, regardless of guilt.

We had a couple of players a few yrs ago who were being investigated for rape. Thankfully they didn't have their names published, because it proved to be 100% incorrect (thanks to a taxi driver who volunteered his security footage proving the "victim" wasn't passed out)

Now, if he isn't charged, you are going to get the anti-DV campaigners crying about the problem, saying he's guilty

If he is charged, anyone with doubt on the accusation is going to campaign (fruitlessly) about how he couldn't get a fair trial etc...
I feel for the victims of DV and abuse
If you think that in DV cases the accused is the one statistically getting an unfair trial maybe you should go look into how few cases even make it to trial and how much the system isn't set up to deal with this.

Pretty common view because people don't want to think it goes on and this is the issue that all victims of DV deal with, they don't get the support and belief from the community that they are victims

If you think that in DV cases the accused is the one statistically getting an unfair trial maybe you should go look into how few cases even make it to trial and how much the system isn't set up to deal with this.
I’m not defending DV here but as it stands nothing has been proven either way, what Hodgey Road said was clumsy at best but let’s just hold off the lynch mob until the dust settles and we can work out what actually happened.

I’m not defending DV here but as it stands nothing has been proven either way, what Hodgey Road said was clumsy at best but let’s just hold off the lynch mob until the dust settles and we can work out what actually happened.
Yes nothing has been decided as yet but how do you look at a tweet about someone being arrested and interviewed by the police in relation to DV and immediately respond with this?

Hopefully swans delist him and we take him and remove one of the 15 talentless spuds we have on our list.

In completely unrelated news if you are a Hawks Player Sponsor Garf has posted about the final event for the year here

There is an opportunity for one of us to join a Zoom this Thursday night with Jaeger, McEvoy, Shields, Gunston, Breust and Will Day and for some reason nobody has put their hand up for it :think:

It's good to see Essendon falling apart at the seams.

Pre-season hype was next level, they were aiming to win the flag, not just win a final.

Now, they could finish as low as 14th, they have no gameplan, Daniher still wants to leave and you've got multiple over 30s doing not much

Even fanboy Slobbo wants Sheedy back at the club!!

In completely unrelated news if you are a Hawks Player Sponsor Garf has posted about the final event for the year here

There is an opportunity for one of us to join a Zoom this Thursday night with Jaeger, McEvoy, Shields, Gunston, Breust and Will Day and for some reason nobody has put their hand up for it :think:
I reckon 95% of us are completely and utterly ******* sick of Zoom; we read the word 'Zoom', and ...zoom! We ran away!

I reckon 95% of us are completely and utterly ******* sick of Zoom; we read the word 'Zoom', and ...zoom! We ran away!
I spend a lot of most days on it and when people who don't are like lets do a zoom lunch on the weekend I shudder

So Taylor has been charged with assault for events in Perth and there is a separate investigation into events in Sydney from earlier in the year.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HODGEYROAD says "Buy now!" His price is down, let's get him!

After all, beating a woman is just an honest 'mistake', any of us could have done it, yeah? :mad::mad::mad:

HODGEYROAD says "Buy now!" His price is down, let's get him!

After all, beating a woman is just an honest 'mistake', any of us could have done it, yeah? :mad::mad::mad:

We'll we've just seen a small forward call it a day today, so the spot on the list has opened up;)

Try being a male victim

Try being a male victim
My post wasn't specifically about women but about all victims of DV and abuse.

I know some men who have been victims as well as women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back