No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only confused at Rioli only getting two years when he tampered with a sample not once but twice

what am I missing

He got leniency for admitting what he did and playing ball with the investigation - basically known as the ‘Don’t be an arrogant, obstructionist *stain like an * player’ technique.

It is a shame we stunk up the joint last year. Can only hope an improved showing this year makes us more appealing to potential free agents like Williams.
Would have been worse if we stunk up our own joint, but thankfully the AFL allowed us to stink up every other state's joints.

Am I the only confused at Rioli only getting two years when he tampered with a sample not once but twice

what am I missing
It’s good pr, AFL needs stars on the field to sell eyeballs, good comeback story to focus on and from all accounts he has wrote his wrongs.

why torch his life over a big blunder?

It’s good pr, AFL needs stars on the field to sell eyeballs, good comeback story to focus on and from all accounts he has wrote his wrongs.

I am not looking to torch anyone’s life but the reality is he tampered with his urine and the thinking was four years

I am not looking to torch anyone’s life but the reality is he tampered with his urine and the thinking was four years
I mean in general context, 2 years seems fair, 4 is almost career ending.

If his back and fit the coast are a 3 goal better side to...

People are happy to torch Patton? He never tried to cheat doping officials. Riloi deserved 4. Its not a happy comeback story.

(PS before anyone tries to torch me Patton is innocent till proven guilty). Rioli is not.

Rioli will effectively be banned for 2 years for being honest about hiding that he’d done some weed. That seems reasonable when you consider * players only had to sit out one year for lying about taking TB4.

People are happy to torch Patton? He never tried to cheat doping officials. Riloi deserved 4. Its not a happy comeback story.

(PS before anyone tries to torch me Patton is innocent till proven guilty). Rioli is not.
Innocent until proven guilty is a concept that applies to criminal cases. If a person is found not guilty that doesn’t mean they are innocent. It means there is insufficient evidence to satisfy the court it is beyond reasonable doubt that a person is guilty.

Civil courts have a lower threshold (balance of probabilities) and organisations are free to choose their own threshold to a degree within the parameters of the law.

Patton’s behaviour may never be tested in court but the AFL or the hawthorn football club may decided that based on what evidence is available they believe he has breached the code of conduct or have may feel he is best pursuing treatment away from football.

People can have opinions on a player such as Patton based on whatever level of evidence they want. Based on what evidence is available I don’t think he should remain in football. That isn’t me saying he is guilty of sexual assault. So innocent until proven guilty isn’t really a relevant principal to whether or not he remains at the club in my view.

I don’t think people are happy to torch him. But it’s clear his position as an AFL footballer and a representative of the HFC is untenable at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, reading about Stephenson leaving the pies, apparently they wanted more than a goal a game for a guy who was spending 70% of time up forward. Seems fair, yet he cracked the sads, but the media is painting him as a hero for it? I'd this just because of the recent Collingwood is evil agenda?

So, reading about Stephenson leaving the pies, apparently they wanted more than a goal a game for a guy who was spending 70% of time up forward. Seems fair, yet he cracked the sads, but the media is painting him as a hero for it? I'd this just because of the recent Collingwood is evil agenda?

Suppose the other question you need to ask is who provided the information in the article

think it’s safe to say both parties would have reasons - doesn’t necessarily make either of them wrong

People were deriding and mocking the Collingwood firesale of 2020 long before the racism report got handed out. This would just be a continuation.

People were deriding and mocking the Collingwood firesale of 2020 long before the racism report got handed out. This would just be a continuation.

Soo much to unpack, I found it interesting that the 3 players traded out seemed to struggle in the hubs, but looking back at their GF side they were all amongst their best. Very difficult to reconcile.

Soo much to unpack, I found it interesting that the 3 players traded out seemed to struggle in the hubs, but looking back at their GF side they were all amongst their best. Very difficult to reconcile.

Wonder if there were cliques in the squad. We all like to think that a footy team would be one giant group of mates - but there are bound to be people you like the company of and people you just tolerate like any workplace. Living in each other's pockets with people who really grate on you when not dealing with them in smaller doses would probably impact you over time.

Corney collins going negative on Hawks putting the youngsters on the rookie list 'Raiding the lower leagues'

Hes contracted to Box Hill and will probably play for Box hill, whats the prolem Kane?

I guess Richmond getting Sydney Stack and Marlin Pickett was just then raiding the lower leagues too.

The whole concept of the SPP and mid-season drafts is to ‘raid the lower leagues’ so it’s weird that Kane has decided to hatchet us for doing exactly what it’s intended for.

Saints looked good, but Brad Hill confessed to cramping late in the third... when the saints didn't look impressive at all
Stkilda played their 2020 game plan in the first half.
The second half they started to fatigue.
Port will have similar issues, so any team that can withstand the initial storm will be set to overrun them

Stkilda played their 2020 game plan in the first half.
The second half they started to fatigue.
Port will have similar issues, so any team that can withstand the initial storm will be set to overrun them

Remembering it’s a praccy match though - as they gain match fitness they’ll be able to persist longer with it. They’d want to pray Hill doesn’t get injured however.

Remembering it’s a praccy match though - as they gain match fitness they’ll be able to persist longer with it. They’d want to pray Hill doesn’t get injured however.
I know it is a practice match, but even so, that level of football just isn't sustainable over 4 quarters.
Really, the only team that did it was 2007 Geelong, and even then, their opponents couldn't keep ups they could cruise after half time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back