No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter_1968

Debutant
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was equally distraught. If my memory serves me correctly, I cut up Malcolm Blights Scanlons footy card because he beat Knights in the Brownlow. He was my favourite Hawk
As a youngster in the 70s, I was absolutely besotted with Peter Knights...I think I cried when he lost the Brownlow (too young to remember 71)

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Really feels like a changing of the guard with this and last years draft picks, some new elite talent starting to come through - feels like the modern kids are more ready for the game or the game is more ready for them

Every game with these kids playing well makes me want to see Downie, DGB and our other young players more and more.

I was equally distraught. If my memory serves me correctly, I cut up Malcolm Blights Scanlons footy card because he beat Knights in the Brownlow. He was my favourite Hawk
That was 2 years later, in 78, the Blight one.

He came second twice, first in 76, to Graham Moss. That was the one I cried about.

I was 11 in 78...big boys don't cry. ;)

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We aren't allowed to acknowledge anything potentially positive about Essendon, it's rule #1
Meh, I watch and discuss footy. But you’re right - some of the old McGrath calls on here are embarrassing. Actually think bombers putting together some solid youth - Ridley, McGrath and now Cox and Perkins

We aren't allowed to acknowledge anything potentially positive about Essendon, it's rule #1
No one is stopping you.

However it seems that you are telling me I can’t take the piss out of Darcy.

Meh, I watch and discuss footy. But you’re right - some of the old McGrath calls on here are embarrassing.
He was a sideways kicking crab getting lauded for running around the back pocket.

That doesn’t change just because he’s now playing as a mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back