No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think historically the first team to 100 wins around 90% of the time. Don’t have the fact stay but they used to quote it during the broadcast a lot and it was very high from memory.
They tend to quote it in close, high scoring games.

eg. 15 minutes left in the last quarter, 97 to 95... "Hey next goal might decide this one! The first team to 100 goes on to win 90% of the time"

Which might be relevant if that stat wasn't skewed so heavily by what I imagine is an overwhelmingly high rate of results where only one team scores over 100.

They rolled out a similar sort of stat last week in our game after our shocking first quarter. Something about how no team has been able to come back from a quarter time deficit higher than X goals this season. Which seems reasonable (given it proved true in that game) until you consider that we over came a half time deficit this year that was larger than the number of goals they stated.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They tend to quote it in close, high scoring games.

eg. 15 minutes left in the last quarter, 97 to 95... "Hey next goal might decide this one! The first team to 100 goes on to win 90% of the time"

Which might be relevant if that stat wasn't skewed so heavily by what I imagine is an overwhelmingly high rate of results where only one team scores over 100.

They rolled out a similar sort of stat last week in our game after our shocking first quarter. Something about how no team has been able to come back from a quarter time deficit higher than X goals this season. Which seems reasonable (given it proved true in that game) until you consider that we over came a half time deficit this year that was larger than the number of goals they stated.
Yes it will be dominated by teams that kick 100 points tend to be the only team in the match to kick 100 points. And yes they aren’t reliable statisticians lol

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Oscar Allen is a ripper
Supreme athlete. I think it's more he's going to have that consistent output no matter whos around him. Like that always on the cusp of the 40 man AA squad in his best years

Also the eagles are the greatest skiers in the game, Always were going to blitz collingwood after their saints outing, SAcary thing is, Who were collingwood missing that elevates their team. Taylor Adams and Jamie Elliot?

Eagles? Captain Hurn. Shuey whos a huge clearance Machine, Yeo who I honest hand on heart think is a top 10 midfielder and a monster and AA small forwar Liam Ryan tonight. They have their best two midfielders to come in, their captain and their best forward in terms of tackling pressure

Petracelli also showed a heap in a horrid game last week as well, The pies cant really go far from here, Eagles have another gear (Exclusively found only in WA however)

Last edited:
I attended a Hawthorn function a few years ago now, back in 2014 or 15. During the function we had a development coach talk about how they wanted to develop Howe into a Fyfe-like player, and had him watching film of Fyfe.
Not sure he did his homework...

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I attended a Hawthorn function a few years ago now, back in 2014 or 15. During the function we had a development coach talk about how they wanted to develop Howe into a Fyfe-like player, and had him watching film of Fyfe.
Thats like me watching film of Bradman and hoping for the best 🙂

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Eagles are just so efficient when entering F50, but they'll need to become a lot better at controlling territory, get healthy and improve away from home to be a legit flag contender.

They do have the talent.

LOL since the "You're my hero Hodgey" comment in that GF, every kid wants to get in on the act. Another said the same thing in the AFLW game. (although for some reason she didn't say "Hodgey".)

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gws picking Mumford ahead of Flynn after his first 3 games is just stunning. need the whole 50 meters arc to just turn around.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bulldogs are looking really good this year. Their midfield is ridiculous.
When I compare our lists I feel like the Hawks have about 10 really good half back flanker types whereas the Doggies have a similar number of really good pure mids.

Interesting difference in list management to compare.

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
When I compare our lists I feel like the Hawks have about 10 really good half back flanker types whereas the Doggies have a similar number of really good pure mids.

A lot of their better players are brilliant around half forward, something we are severely lacking.

It's why Errol Gulden from Sydney is killing it this year, knows how to play an area of the ground that has been smashed by congestion up until this year.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

Bevo isn't afraid to drop an experienced player for a kid. They are young, fast and hungry.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What do we think of the GWS clash strip?

After a sea of insipid whites or those things that Richmond and * wear, I don't mind it. It's a little bit "training top"y, but overall, don't mind.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Their recruitment and list management has been excellent. So many gun players with plenty of good footy ahead of them. They have underachieved the last couple years after their ambush premiership but they have a list to contend for a number of years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back