No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Richmond at their best are still the benchmark, game style stands up when it matters most and until I see otherwise they're the team to beat.
No, I’m talking about Port.

they won’t lose many if any at home. They have the most dynamic and talented forward half.

No, I’m talking about Port.

they won’t lose many if any at home. They have the most dynamic and talented forward half.
I’d still take Riewoldt, Lynch and Dusty forward of centre in a final. Their credentials far exceed the port guys. Dusty is the best forward of centre player in the comp as well as the best midfielder. In finals he just rips games apart in minutes up forward

I’d still take Riewoldt, Lynch and Dusty forward of centre in a final. Their credentials far exceed the port guys. Dusty is the best forward of centre player in the comp as well as the best midfielder. In finals he just rips games apart in minutes up forward

I get people just wishing Richmond to lose, I know them 3 doing a 3 peat and becoming the best team of the modern era is a kick in the guts.

I get people just wishing Richmond to lose, I know them 3 doing a 3 peat and becoming the best team of the modern era is a kick in the guts.
The massive credit to Richmond and especially Hardwick, Cotchin and their leaders is that they are still hungry. There is no satisfaction with their achievements like West Coast in 2018. They are like we were in 2015. They won’t give it up. Another side is going to have to take it from them which will involve beating them at the MCG with Martin in a final.

I thought Bulldogs were the best challenger and on talent they are because their midfield can dominate. But a Martin-less Richmond put them in their box this week. The bar hasn’t moved and other sides need to meet it or Richmond will win again

The massive credit to Richmond and especially Hardwick, Cotchin and their leaders is that they are still hungry. There is no satisfaction with their achievements like West Coast in 2018. They are like we were in 2015. They won’t give it up. Another side is going to have to take it from them which will involve beating them at the MCG with Martin in a final.

I thought Bulldogs were the best challenger and on talent they are because their midfield can dominate. But a Martin-less Richmond put them in their box this week. The bar hasn’t moved and other sides need to meet it or Richmond will win again
Melbourne torched the Tigers a week ago

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne torched the Tigers a week ago

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They did and they are a contender on 2021 form. But that wasn’t Richmond or Martin at their best, which is what sides will need to overcome in September. Can’t say I trust Melbourne but I think it fit, Ben Brown can be a massive difference maker for them. Their midfield and defence are excellent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll still likely have to beat Richmond at the MCG to win the thing, I hate saying it but I'd still back a full strength Richmond.

I just can't see any of the interstate sides (as good as they are) beating the tigers at the MCG. Their biggest hurdle would be another interstate prelim. ( I know they won last year but I feel Port are better this year).

I just can't see any of the interstate sides (as good as they are) beating the tigers at the MCG. Their biggest hurdle would be another interstate prelim. ( I know they won last year but I feel Port are better this year).
Port would have beat them last year except for the rain. I remember when I turned on the TV and saw it was raining it was a Richmond win.

Tigers handle the slippery ball better but port in the dry is their win every time.

This year ports challenge seems to be keeping their best team on the field. They keep losing very important players to injury.

With the Doggies notching up a loss, leaving Melbourne as the only remaining undefeated team, when abouts will Melbourne 'Melbourne' due to weight of expectations?

Today against North? 1 losing to 18 is something I wouldn't necessarily put past them.

I wouldn't be totally writing Brisbane off for flag this year either. They're starting to find some form and they have the cattle to get it done.
They've just got to get over their travel blues which is doable.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne aren't gonna? Surely?

But how "Melbourne" would it be if they did. 🤣

*ers couldn't have decided to pull a Melbourne when they were playing us though. Aw hell no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back