No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

fu** this timestamped play is good

the 2014 grand final was probably our best finals performance but I think our very, very best was the back-to-back games vs sydney and freo. that was the most skilled, clean and impressive games we played imo. some of the stuff we did was just ridiculous

This was one of the most memorable parts of the three peat for me. The week before we beat Collingwood on a Friday night which was the day Phil Walsh was murdered, one of the stranger nights you'll see. We then beat Carlton by over 20 goals after the Sydney game but those two games (Syd/Freo) were just about peak Hawthorn. You'd be hard pressed to find us demolishing two premiership contenders like that in succession throughout the three peat, would be good if someone remembered another case of it.

So many memories. I remember Suckling kicking a massive goal from about 60 at ANZ. Roughead cut himself on an exposed bolt in that Sydney game too, was that his first game back from his first cancer scare?

This was one of the most memorable parts of the three peat for me. The week before we beat Collingwood on a Friday night which was the day Phil Walsh was murdered, one of the stranger nights you'll see. We then beat Carlton by over 20 goals after the Sydney game but those two games (Syd/Freo) were just about peak Hawthorn. You'd be hard pressed to find us demolishing two premiership contenders like that in succession throughout the three peat, would be good if someone remembered another case of it.

So many memories. I remember Suckling kicking a massive goal from about 60 at ANZ. Roughead cut himself on an exposed bolt in that Sydney game too, was that his first game back from his first cancer scare?
Yes it was roughys come back game i predicted he would kick 6 alas he only kicked 5

I remember there was a SportsBet promotion for that Carlton game...

Hawthorn to score more in any single quarter than Carlton for the match @ 7.00

We did it in 3 of the quarters. Would have been the first quarter as well but we missed it by 3 points.

Easy money.

That kick from Smith to Esava is exactly what we're missing from our f50 entries; into space, low hang time, favouring our player. Insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Geelong go forward with space for Cameron and Hawkins, they score. Saints have botched this badly. Should have a 5 goal lead

I know this is an unpopular concept, but if the umpires refuse to pay holding the ball I think you have to just dish out a few concussions. Win the game, wear some suspensions and fines, and ensure the oppo will also suffer the following week.

No such thing as incorrect disposal tonight.

Geelong bloke with a week of prior opportunity, tackled, just puts the ball on the ground. Play on.

Selwood tackled, one arm pinned. Just one handed underarms trevor chappell style to a teammate. Play on.

I guess the umpires are just matching the level of play: Saints 0-9. Oh, they finally just got a goal, and a HTB decision. Welp

Geelong are really taking the piss now with the incorrect disposal. It’s probably a good play, throw and drop 20 times and you’ll get pinged the 21st. You’d take those odds. Luckiest side in the history of the AFL, should be 6 goals down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back