No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saw an interview with Rod Simms, the ACCC chairman, on the news tonight. Had his Hawthorn members scarf hanging over a cabinet of some sort, along with a mounted commemorative football with Hawthorn in gold lettering on the same cabinet.

I dare say this was in his office

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Joel Selwood and Toby Greene’s actions antithetical to AFL principles (msn.com)

Bout time the campaigner DuckWood got called out.
Wont change a thing, but need someone to call it out for what it is.....cheap sniping.

I cant say there has ever been a player in the game I have despised more.
I would even prefer to watch Adam Goodes slide into an opponent with his knees.
If ever there was a good reason to spend the 20 cents, then I am good for it.

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
AFL Media spin-doctors in full flight with their recent article about Joel Selwood being an 'icon of the game' (vomit). I've done a little editing of my own.

The 33-year-old accepted a $1000 sanction for pushing his fist into repeatedly punching Bailey Dale's head as the Bulldogs defender was pinned on the ground in a tackle.

Selwood also copped a $2000 fine for stumbling over the leg scrapping his stops on the leg (one of the biggest dog acts you can do on a football field) of Taylor Duryea when the former Hawks [also wtf - don't even mention he's a Bulldogs player... just a former Hawk] player had fallen to the ground after taking a mark.

badgrill

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This reply, though:
1624345121103.png

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That was the best game Stringer has ever played in his career. And it was a great individual game. But to unironically suggest he's one of the top 20 players in the competition based on his output over the past 3 years is so incredibly ludicrous & bias it could only be written by the Essendon nuffies in the media. It's something I could imagine Robbo slurring after another boozy morning.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
That was the best game Stringer has ever played in his career. And it was a great individual game. But to unironically suggest he's one of the top 20 players in the competition based on his output over the past 3 years is so incredibly ludicrous & bias it could only be written by the Essendon nuffies in the media. It's something I could imagine Robbo slurring after another boozy morning.

Any powerful well built mid sized player who mixes forward and mid is absolutely the flavour of the period due to Dusty. First it was Dusty, Danger and Fyfe. With Danger injured and Fyfe struggling, they have moved to Bont, DeGoey, Petracca, Stringer... Robbo must be destroying his stash of Koonunga Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back