No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How amusing would it be if Carlton struggled to get applicants for the job - do you risk giving up an assistant role for the poison chalice

I'd do it, I'm earning more than an assistant coach at the moment, I've never coached an AFL team before and I'd be happy to be given the arse after a few years.

How amusing would it be if Carlton struggled to get applicants for the job - do you risk giving up an assistant role for the poison chalice
Oddly enough, given the way the new board has shot itself in the foot and created a PR disaster I fully expect the new coach (be they experienced or noob) will have to sell the vision (and implement it) that they are not subservient to the board and there is proper seperation of powers.

The clock will definitely be ticking behind the scenes but given how events have transpired the board is not holding a strong hand.

I'd be looking to get Pyke, Graham, McRae and Newman in for a chat before Lyon.

Oddly enough, given the way the new board has shot itself in the foot and created a PR disaster I fully expect the new coach (be they experienced or noob) will have to sell the vision (and implement it) that they are not subservient to the board and there is proper seperation of powers.

The clock will definitely be ticking behind the scenes but given how events have transpired the board is not holding a strong hand.

I'd love to see soemone like Lyon come in, sell them on the angle that they've been too destabilised for too long (9 coaches in 20 years) and that they need a long period of stability. Get a 5 year contract, then get fired in three and have to paid out.

Carlton have searched for quick fixes forever.

Coaches - get Malthouse he will fix it, get Pagan he will fix it - nope.

Get Judd he will fix it - nope.

SOS - recruit the GWS seconds they will fix it - nope.

Must be Ratten’s fault. Must be Bolton’s fault. Must be Teague’s fault. Nope.

They have spoken about players on their list as though they are triple Brownlow winners. But these players are champions - nope. Must be the coach - nope.

Rotten to the core.

No, no, no, no, that so inaccurate, you’ve missed the most important Carlton achievement.

Bulging brown paper bags - yep.

This has become such a farce at Carlton that all that's left is for their president L.Sayers to start singing The Show Must Go On.

No, no, no, no, that so inaccurate, you’ve missed the most important Carlton achievement.

Bulging brown paper bags - yep.
All this time I thought it was how John Nicholls sold the Carlton President, George Harris' Rolls Royce for 600 pounds in the car park after training one night and didn't get into trouble.

Have heard Blues are struggling to find any interested coaches ?

Might have to revert to the old ‘Captain/Coach’ ……couldn’t do much worse !

I'd love to see soemone like Lyon come in, sell them on the angle that they've been too destabilised for too long (9 coaches in 20 years) and that they need a long period of stability. Get a 5 year contract, then get fired in three and have to paid out.
That's pretty much a given 😂

broken pelvis will keep him out for months. His sportsbet accounts going to get a fair work out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s dumber: Toby Greene or Jaidyn Stephenson? Bloody hard call.

Have heard Blues are struggling to find any interested coaches ?

Might have to revert to the old ‘Captain/Coach’ ……couldn’t do much worse !
I'll do it, could use an extra couple of bucks.

What amazes me is how stupid people never learn.

It's one thing to make a boneheaded mistake, we have all done that, but it takes a real dedication to the alter of stupidity to keep repeating the same mistake over and over again....
100% it almost predictable the people who keep having these 'accidents'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back