No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quarters will be slashed to 10 minutes next year and just the 10 home and away games and no finals - team that finishes on top wins the flag!
Also, any teams with more than eight 30 yr olds get a 3 goal head start and the ability to score super goals.

I know you're joking, but this was a thing a while back. Geelong benefited from it, and as their players began to retire, the league then changed the veterans list rules
Do you ever get tired of just making s**t up?

I mean, at least others here are joking.

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Yeah, wasn't it that you could have 2 veterans and only half their salary counted ? (Or something like that)
Yep.
Originally it was anyone over 30 with certain time on the list (I think it was 10 years). Then they reduced it to 2 players, then changed it to a percentage, then phased it out completely

That was 2017. They benefited (past tense) before it was removed, they had several over 30s who's pay was outside the cap. When other teams were set to benefit, it changed.

We benefited more from it though as we won in 2014 and 2015 with multiple players over the age of 30. Doesn't feel like a Geelong bias thing.

We benefited more from it though as we won in 2014 and 2015 with multiple players over the age of 30. Doesn't feel like a Geelong bias thing.
Yeah, it doesn’t feel like it, because it wasn’t.

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
Heard a rumour that even 6th grade PE teachers have rejected the Carlton coaching job. The search is now looking at the 5th grade PE teachers. The Carlton board has high hopes, that they can find someone...
And still the candle burns for finals next year right?

It's "Charlie" time again, and, on cue, Jobe is claiming he is the rightful winner of the 2012 Brownlow amid fresh calls for footy's highest individual honour to be returned to him.

10th anniversary of the ill-fated supplement program this month. There is an eight part documentary series concerning the scandal to be aired on Fox and Kayo from October 19. Pass for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back