No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps - but purely hypothetically speaking - if I slept in my neighbours front garden and shat my pants when not quite getting home after the 2008 Grand Final, which still remains the talk of the neighbourhood - then 7 years later came up with a plausible excuse, what's my objective..?

Legendary. I love it. And I imagine, hypothetically, you still woke up as happy as, given the GF result.
As for David King, I always thought his GF tip was hilarious, but peddling the obvious lie is so much funnier.
At this stage, I'm left wondering which King has less dignity ...

don-king.gif

Legendary. I love it. And I imagine, hypothetically, you still woke up as happy as, given the GF result.
As for David King, I always thought his GF tip was hilarious, but peddling the obvious lie is so much funnier.
At this stage, I'm left wondering which King has less dignity ...

View attachment 1248281

I mean FFS, hypothetically speaking, a bloke has one night on the sauce, damages a few rose bushes and suddenly he becomes the Freddy Krueger of the neighbourhood...!!!
And moreover it was probably the most exciting thing that's happened in the area since Mrs Mavis down the road compost pile exploded...

Last edited:
True.

Melbourne and the Dogs have very good list profiles for the next 3-5 years though.
It’s an even comp, it really does come down to injuries. Melbourne only had Tomlinson injured and Petty seems like a much better defender anyway. Like Richmond when Martin got injured an injury to Gawn, Petracca or Oliver would be a disaster.

It’s an even comp, it really does come down to injuries. Melbourne only had Tomlinson injured and Petty seems like a much better defender anyway. Like Richmond when Martin got injured an injury to Gawn, Petracca or Oliver would be a disaster.

Very true. Melbourne had 10 players to appear in all 25 games they played, 1 player missed 1 game and 2 missed 2 games. It really does help to have you A team on the park nearly every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Melbourne did have a great run with injuries in 2020 I'll pay that.

I don't think Richmond were ever winning this season though irrespective if Dusty got injured or not.

Even full strentgh the Richmond midfield is nowhere near as strong as the Dogs and or Dees. Cotchin has declined a lot last 18 months.
not denying that, but the run of injuries in middle of ground pushed them completely out of the race.

Even full strentgh the Richmond midfield is nowhere near as strong as the Dogs and or Dees. Cotchin has declined a lot last 18 months.

I would have backed that midfield if fit to perform in the finals though. Reckon next year will just be 12 months too late for them, they're starting to bleed their more valuable depth players now and blokes like Cotchin, Edwards and Riewoldt will be out the door.

I would have backed that midfield if fit to perform in the finals though. Reckon next year will just be 12 months too late for them, they're starting to bleed their more valuable depth players now and blokes like Cotchin, Edwards and Riewoldt will be out the door.
The Tigers are just like a boxer that thinks he's got one more fight or title defence in him and really are the last to realise that the show is over. The only thing that puts them back into contention is if they risk trying to top up (cough cough Tom Mitchell) which IMO if they didn't lose so much backmen through injury and retirement then topping up would be the go. They are in exactly the same spot we were a couple of years after our 3peat and now have a vital decision to make which is do they top up for one last dance with Dusty or do they rebuild now why some of their stars have value and take a couple of steps back and reload in a couple of years. As we've seen with our mod success is like a drug and its hard to not chase it year in year out. FWIW I reckon the Tigers do exactly what we did and push all their chips into the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back