No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the stuff that confuses me - If Dawson = late 1st, then Howe = late 2nd?

For mine Howe is only marginally behind Dawson in actual performances, and one year older - Howe doesn't generate interest for even a 3rd round pick, whilst Dawson goes for a 1st?

I don't see Dawson becoming a star of competition = draft picks are underrated.
I see Howe as a better option than any 40+ pick = draft picks are overrated.

I understand the media bias and general public following what they are told - but clubs would be smarter than that - surely?

Comparing Howe and Dawson seems a little over the top.

If Hawthorn has a healthy list Howe is not in my starting 22.

How could Freo and Geelong be arguing about pick 17 vs pick 19. Seriously get the deal done you muppets.

Dodo entices Bobby to the Bombers and then wants to rip the Giants.

Jon Ceglar has been discussed for 2 weeks lol. Think about that for a minute.

Does the trade period need an independent negotiator in on all deals?

How could Freo and Geelong be arguing about pick 17 vs pick 19. Seriously get the deal done you muppets.

Dodo entices Bobby to the Bombers and then wants to rip the Giants.

Jon Ceglar has been discussed for 2 weeks lol. Think about that for a minute.

Does the trade period need an independent negotiator in on all deals?

More like how could anyone be willing to give up a pick inside 40 for a bloke who can't get a game, and how could anyone be wanting a pick inside 20 for a bloke they won't pick.

Really? I think Raynor is a good player and will get better. Just my opinion..
Talented yes, but his on-field performances haven’t been great. Hasn’t really improved on his first year which was so-so.

Definitely been underwhelming as a no.1 pick

Talented yes, but his on-field performances haven’t been great. Hasn’t really improved on his first year which was so-so.

Definitely been underwhelming as a no.1 pick

He was set to play a more prominent role in the middle this year. I know they were super excited about his progress, Unfortunately that never transpired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me wants the Hawks to pick him up just for the lols.

The only thing is he's Brown-less so........

Does he wear an all gold guernsey?

Clarko has signed a 6 month contract and will join the bid team to push for Tasmania to have its own AFL club when he returns from his overseas travels.
He will be advising on funding, infrastructure, a state football pathway, talent identification pathways and membership.
If it get off the ground, first Tassie coach?

Last edited:
Clarko has signed a 6 month contract and will join the bid team to push for Tasmania to have its own AFL club when he returns from his overseas travels.
He will be advising on funding, infrastructure, a state football pathway, talent identification pathways and membership.
Yep, 100%. And if he’s leading them, they’ll win one before GWS, GC or Freo

I hate the idea of Clarko coaching anywhere else but I must admit I don't mind the idea of him coaching a Tassie AFL team. Maybe's it is partly because they don't exist as yet so there's no history of us vs them, but it somewhat seems fitting since Hawthorn (and Clarko) have had such a long association with Tasmania which has very much been a second home for us.

Very interested to see where this goes.

1. We didn't finish bottom 4.
2. He played 20 games. That's an aweful lot for someone struggling to break into the side.
3. If you compare their seasons, it's fairly similar so I fail to see how Dawson is significantly better.
Even if he played quite a bit this year, he's in our bottom 4/5 players. Dawson was a significant contributor in Sydney's shoot up the ladder. It's just rose coloured glasses to think Howe is anywhere near the quality of Dawson. Howe wouldn't get a game at the Swans, Dawson was in their best few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back