No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even if he played quite a bit this year, he's in our bottom 4/5 players. Dawson was a significant contributor in Sydney's shoot up the ladder. It's just rose coloured glasses to think Howe is anywhere near the quality of Dawson. Howe wouldn't get a game at the Swans, Dawson was in their best few.
The swans tried to recruit Howe so I’m guessing they do think he would play in their best 22 😂

bigmaxi

All Australian
Nov 11, 2006
hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roosters
Clarko has signed a 6 month contract and will join the bid team to push for Tasmania to have its own AFL club when he returns from his overseas travels.
He will be advising on funding, infrastructure, a state football pathway, talent identification pathways and membership.
If it get off the ground, first Tassie coach?
Do we get a refund ?

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Article on AFL.com.au "Hawthorn rebuild continues, 2019's 'best first year-player' culled"

No journalist put their name to it though, but I'm guessing Barrett.
Just have to remind myself that every media outlet thrives on create outrage through negativity.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Just have to remind myself that every media outlet thrives on create outrage through negativity.

"Hawthorn rebuild continues, 2019's 'best first year-player' culled"

That's actually a meager/lazy effort for a headline and it also contains an element of truth, which is rare - how about:

"Bombshell as Hawks superstar axed!" - that's pretty much the usual nonsense we must endure.

Then you click on the headline to discover, it's actually about some 'Nancy Nobody' who played 5 games for our VFLW team 2 seasons ago...🤔

Last edited:

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
How so? What do you like about its approach? Genuine question, I’ve never read it because it covers sports I don’t follow. (happy to PM if this constitutes derailing the thread)

Its a subscription model with no advertising so they don’t rely on a high clickrate. As a result the sensationalism is turned down.

They also have writers and content creators that are solely focussed on individual clubs. No Matt Rendells getting names wrong or excluding Worpel from hypothetical best 22s because they forgot about them.

When they branched into EPL, they approached award winning/community respected journalists or well produced blogs/podcasters that are essentially obsessed fans. People like Ash Browne would be assigned to Hawthorn and the Hawk Talk boys would likely get an offer.

They know that if they are sensationally negative about a particular club, those supporters aren’t going to subscribe.

I'm not a big social media user, and it seems everytime I open it up, it seems to find a way to remind me why that is. You're not doing yourself any favours here Instagram....
Screenshot_20211016-102319.jpg

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not a big social media user, and it seems everytime I open it up, it seems to find a way to remind me why that is. You're not doing yourself any favours here Instagram....View attachment 1261443

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just imagine what Essendon fans get:

Since you follow Essendon Football Club, you might like Russian Olympic Team, or Lance Armstrong.

We are seeking a new head club doctor?

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We are seeking a new head club doctor?

Is Makdisi gone?

hfc70

Premiership Player
Mar 9, 2007