No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinoy Hawk

All Australian
Aug 21, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Casboult's turn ?

1637105926191.png

Gold Coast would need an assurance from Levi Casboult he had the first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine or an appointment for one in coming weeks to select him in next Friday’s rookie draft.
It is believed Casboult, the ex-Blue teammate of Liam Jones, has delayed being jabbed and was instead waiting for the novavax vaccine, a protein vaccine not yet available in Australia.

The Suns have not made an official commitment to ruck forward Casboult but are keen to use the November 26 rookie draft to add him to their list for big man cover.

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
The reality is they will need to replace Goldstein at some point the next couple of years. This is the area I can see them targeting at the draft if they were smart. Having said that they haven't bothered to bolster that area in years and the rucks they do get they trade off. Goldstein can't play forever but there seemingly attached at the hip with him. Still a good Ruck but he is past his peak.
They did pick up that Jacob Edwards in the MSD who is supposed to be quite a good ruck (though doesn't look like he's played).

As an aside, looking through North's team to find that ruck.... what an absolute bunch of nobodies, wouldn't recognise a single one of them in the flesh

I don't think Gold Coast have figured out how list management works in footy. They didn't even learn anything from the Jarryd Lyons * up. Or giving up pick 2 for Weller. Doubt they'll learn from this either.

Makes Cockbrain's bluster about impressing Clarko with his footy knowledge during the Jaeger saga even more laughable.

The reality is they will need to replace Goldstein at some point the next couple of years. This is the area I can see them targeting at the draft if they were smart. Having said that they haven't bothered to bolster that area in years and the rucks they do get they trade off. Goldstein can't play forever but there seemingly attached at the hip with him. Still a good Ruck but he is past his peak.

I reckon Goldie will be one who goes down hill very quickly too. It won’t be a slow fading out.

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
I reckon Goldie will be one who goes down hill very quickly too. It won’t be a slow fading out.
Could you blame him though, he and Cunnington have carried that cluster* minnow of a club on their own shoulders for about a decade... pretty impressive really.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I don't think Gold Coast have figured out how list management works in footy. They didn't even learn anything from the Jarryd Lyons fu** up. Or giving up pick 2 for Weller. Doubt they'll learn from this either.

Makes Cockbrain's bluster about impressing Clarko with his footy knowledge during the Jaeger saga even more laughable.

It is ridiculous how amateur-hour they are up there.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
So a Shield cricket game got postponed because a player returned an inconclusive covid result.

Do we think AFL games will get postponed every time a player tests positive in the lead up ?

So a Shield cricket game got postponed because a player returned an inconclusive covid result.

Do we think AFL games will get postponed every time a player tests positive in the lead up ?
6 months away, hopefully a different mindset but very possible.

What State was it in?

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
6 months away, hopefully a different mindset but very possible.

What State was it in?

NSW I think which is concerning as they are the most open to living with Covid. Hopefully we get to the point of positive cases isolate and the games carry on with the rest, like all the major sporting leagues around the world in the USA and Europe.

Most open to living with it - what a *ing furphy

It is though going to be interesting to see what they do. Surely there have been sporting identities overseas that have been struck down with Covid - how did those clubs navigate through it

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Hopefully next year with everyone vaccinated anyone testing positive sits out and they get replaced and the comp goes on.

Same with crowds. Everyone vaccinated and sick people not allowed in.

Life has to go on.

If WA want to stay closed then WCE and Freo play out of state.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Most open to living with it - what a f*n furphy

It is though going to be interesting to see what they do. Surely there have been sporting identities overseas that have been struck down with Covid - how did those clubs navigate through it

Postive players isolate for 10 days, negative players carry on playing and games proceed.

Postive players isolate for 10 days, negative players carry on playing and games proceed.

But there would be that period between testing and negative result - I would presume maybe they have rapid testing in place.

Imagine 3 or 4 positives of your first 22
Would be awful

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
But there would be that period between testing and negative result - I would presume maybe they have rapid testing in place.

Imagine 3 or 4 positives of your first 22
Would be awful

Correct.

Yes it's tough to deal with when you miss a fair chuck, but you'd think it would be swings and roundabouts over a campaign.

Impressed with North Melbourne in how they’ve managed the return of Dani Laidley to the club

breaking down so many barriers - impressive

Impressed with North Melbourne in how they’ve managed the return of Dani Laidley to the club

breaking down so many barriers - impressive
I thought so too. Particularly with so many of her old teammates and players that she coached in attendance, it was something they should be very proud of.
It must be so strange for some of them, and maybe even hard to get their head around, but I can never get passed just how brave you need to be to declare to the people who’d known you for so long that you’re transitioning.

It’s ridiculously courageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back