No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous chat threads can be found here

Attachments

• 0B367895-C63F-48AD-AC6A-754FF22E713E.jpeg
    0B367895-C63F-48AD-AC6A-754FF22E713E.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 497
Last edited by a moderator:
Lock Pies in for the spoon if Pendlebury doesn’t get a preseason and DeGoey gets punted.

Ned Guy would have been licking his lips at trading away the inevitable picks for a handful of magic beans

Ned Guy would have been licking his lips at trading away the inevitable picks for a handful of magic beans

And with Wright in the background I’m surprised Pendles and a future 4th wasn’t traded in the off-season for pick 105.

This is why crotchety adults who whinge about the quarter time/half time antics on the big screens or on the field need a bit of perspective, it’s not for you it’s for the thousands of kids at the game.

Who does the fake bird shreik appeal to? no one that I can see

Who does the fake bird shreik appeal to? no one that I can see

I don't know any kids but maybe they're into it. The sound has never bothered me as I am usually on my feet cheering after a goal and then checking out the replay on the screens. There's nothing annoying about a Hawthorn goal for mine.

I agree. We need to be authentic and get some real hawks down to the ground to shriek after goals.

Just need to avoid what happened with Taima the Seattle Seahawks mascot who wanted to get in on the crowd action:

Just need to avoid what happened with Taima the Seattle Seahawks mascot who wanted to get in on the crowd action:

Yeah, reasonable chance one of the hawks could swoop down and carry off Caleb Daniel next time we play the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even a cooked Franklin is an elite forward, but yeah he's struggling more and more to stay on the park which is the problem. This will be his final season.

You'd happily take a cooked unit who can still pull 51 goals out of his ass in a season like he did in 2021.

You'd happily take a cooked unit who can still pull 51 goals out of his ass in a season like he did in 2021.

Indeed, just gets to the point where you have to decide whether his peak is worth the games he can't play. He might be pushing that line this year.

Indeed, just gets to the point where you have to decide whether his peak is worth the games he can't play. He might be pushing that line this year.

You'd have to imagine this year is all about getting him to 1,000 and also not copping as much of a salary cap hit for Sydney should he likely not see out the 9 years. Would be a hard balance for them now given reduced list sizes and caps - soaking up his final year of salary will be a fun one for them. Play stupid games and all that - can only think of the money they'd have saved if they just played ball with us and arranged a trade as opposed to structuring a deal we couldn't match.

I don't know any kids but maybe they're into it. The sound has never bothered me as I am usually on my feet cheering after a goal and then checking out the replay on the screens. There's nothing annoying about a Hawthorn goal for mine.
Was in UK for London nfl falcons game. They played the exact same sound each time the falcons got 1st down. No one in the crowd liked it

Was in UK for London nfl falcons game. They played the exact same sound each time the falcons got 1st down. No one in the crowd liked it

I am fairly impressed you were able to survey 80,000 people, no mean feat!

View attachment 1293484
Wonder what this about? Reckon it’s a stab or he’s genuinely pointing out facts? Haha

I hate seeing ex players disillusioned with the club, but this one really stings.

Hope with the clubs new direction we can get some back on side.

I really hope that the club makes some decent overtures to Cyril to make amends. Possibly once there’s a new president on deck. Cyril gave the club so much - I hate to think of him holding any ill feelings.

I really hope that the club makes some decent overtures to Cyril to make amends. Possibly once there’s a new president on deck. Cyril gave the club so much - I hate to think of him holding any ill feelings.
Will be interesting to see if anything changes once Kennett has stepped down.

I agree, there was clearly truth in the reports about Kennett, Cyril and his partner - else I can't think of a reason he'd have retired and cut ties with the club so completely.

That said, not sure what he stands to gain from those posts. Sir Doug Nicholls' round only started in 2016, and other clubs had existing contracts and agreements in place for games in the NT. Before 2016 Richmond and Essendon had the monopoly on the Dreamtime games.

Should he not be proud that we're finally becoming active in the state instead of throwing barbs that it didn't happen in his time at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back