No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGowan lied about the expectations he had on his people, then you are quite rightly absolutely livid right now.
McGowan didn’t lie about the opening date. That is media bullshit.
He announced the date, Feb 5, before a word became apart of our lives.

That word being Omicron

He also said at that same announcement that the date was set “providing there were no unforeseen matters that could change it” or words to that effect.

Omicron changed the world again

Me too - but cumulative days of 40° becomes bloody oppressive and the minimum temperatures aren’t low enough at night to bring a reprieve. Even without humidity - repetitive 35-40° days in Melbourne gets very overwhelming when you live in a double brick home that absorbs heat like a seatbelt buckle in a 1970s car.
Even worse when your AC breaks down and its 3 weeks for a new unit 😡

I’m sorry if you read it that I worship the mighty dollar as I did write about our economy.
There is way more to it than just the economy.
It’s the quality of life, the freedom to do almost anything we want.
3 very brief lockdowns & a couple of mask wearing mandates.

But family & friends could suffer more if our borders open.

Example. My parents are elderly, they live in a state that has had a total of 1348 COVID cases & just 9 deaths related to COVID since the pandemic began.
Victoria 735,000 COVID cases & over 1700 related deaths.
My mum suffers from respiratory problems, she probably would not survive COVID.
Call me selfish, call me what you will
It’s more than money.
If you don’t live here, you are most likely going off eastern states media. Who have agendas.

What if you lived interstate and couldn't freely visit them?

People are frustrated because they aren't as lucky as you.

I live in a border town and couldn't visit my brother last year, who lives 10 minutes away. After being forced into lockdowns and vaccines over the past 24 months, the freedom to drive 10 minutes to his house is something I've earnt. The only trade off being a slightly elevated risk of catching Covid than those of you in WA.

What if you lived interstate and couldn't freely visit them?

People are frustrated because they aren't as lucky as you.

I live in a border town and couldn't visit my brother last year, who lives 10 minutes away. After being forced into lockdowns and vaccines over the past 24 months, the freedom to drive 10 minutes to his house is something I've earnt. The only trade off being a slightly elevated risk of catching Covid than those of you in WA.
I feel for them. My brother lives in Indonesia. I can’t see him either.
The majority of my family live in Vic.
I have many very good friends in Vic.

But opening the border so people can see their family ?
Opening the border has a very good chance of death in many families.

So seriously, some perspective is needed.
Should we open the border so I can see my brother, but maybe lose my mother ?

Or do we keep it closed a little while longer so hopefully I get to spend a lot more time with both

I’ll take the 2nd option thanks

Me too - but cumulative days of 40° becomes bloody oppressive and the minimum temperatures aren’t low enough at night to bring a reprieve. Even without humidity - repetitive 35-40° days in Melbourne gets very overwhelming when you live in a double brick home that absorbs heat like a seatbelt buckle in a 1970s car.
I spent a week in Perth in 2015/16 during 7 days of 40+, just horrible. Felt like we were just scurrying from one air conditioned space to the next via an oven.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

And I thought we're all Australians first.......

Silly me.

I’ve done my time in Queensland - pretty familiar with people who put their state loyalty well above national loyalty.

I’ve done my time in Queensland - pretty familiar with people who put their state loyalty well above national loyalty.
Queenslanders have nothing on West Australians. WA and Parochialism is a tale as old as federation.

Queenslanders have nothing on West Australians. WA and Parochialism is a tale as old as federation.

True but I have no empirical evidence like I do having lived in QLD. Granted, yes, Queenslanders never voted to secede. Surprised Joh never tried that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGowan didn’t lie about the opening date. That is media bullshit.
He announced the date, Feb 5, before a word became apart of our lives.

That word being Omicron

He also said at that same announcement that the date was set “providing there were no unforeseen matters that could change it” or words to that effect.

Omicron changed the world again
While I completely agree with his keeping the borders closed, this post isn't even close to the truth.

On his announcement that feb 5 would be the reopening he actually mentioned omicron, which was very much a thing when he announced the borders were going to open. In fact in his announcement that the borders were opening on February 5 he mentions Omicron 9 times. So yeah, he did not announce the date Feb 5 before omicron became part of our lives.

And on the topic of no unforeseen circumstances he literally said omicron wasn't one of them

1642919562730.png

Last edited:
81F51ArYbEL.jpg

Last edited:
Cam Ellis-Yolmen also looks to be sitting out.
Was he on the minimum? or a substantial contract?

It is pretty weird that Jones is already beating the drum about having a lot left to give at AFL level. We are barely post-Christmas. The vax requirements aren't changing anytime soon so he would need to have a full change of heart. Yoleman wouldn't get another crack even if he wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back