No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JOM gets the captaincy. Only question is that is he best 22 in two years time? If our midfield develops as we hope it will, he may find himself in a similar position to Shiels this year.

Think Ward slides into the number 7 jumper, or Newcombe if he doesn’t want to stick with the 44.

The last I was there the Olympic weightlifting team was training out of the rooms there. My old man sold a lot of gym weights to them.
Would’ve been 5/6 yr ago now but I remember being stunned at how small the place is

Was last there 2-3 months ago and the Victorian weightlifting centre is still there.

Ground is in pretty poor shape though: there are Colts teams playing on better quality surfaces...

I think JOM gets the captaincy. Only question is that is he best 22 in two years time? If our midfield develops as we hope it will, he may find himself in a similar position to Shiels this year.

Think Ward slides into the number 7 jumper, or Newcombe if he doesn’t want to stick with the 44.
If we move on Tom, and his body holds up well, I can see JOM playing the next 3-5 years and playing a similar role to Crawf in our next tilt. I’ve really enjoyed his football this year.

Was last there 2-3 months ago and the Victorian weightlifting centre is still there.

Ground is in pretty poor shape though: there are Colts teams playing on better quality surfaces...

There quite a bit. Ground surface is rough.

With winnable games against the Suns and West Coast heading into finals, Scott called on his side to continue their “endless search for perfection”.
“We think there are multiple areas across a game we can improve,” he said.

“We’re trying to take a focus into the last two games that we want to work on our game ... we don’t care what the opposition do, we’re just going to play our game.” - Chris Scott

Gee nothing better than easy opponents to prepare for finals series where they'll just ignore what the opposition does and 'do what they want'. Then, in finals what are they going to do when things dont go their way? Stick to the way they play?

Cats going out in straight sets would be very very satisfying.

2020: They had no access to JUH as they didn't have pick 1. Were never taking Thilthorpe with their Pick.
2021: They took JHF with pick one and didn't consider anyone else. Could've trade Pick one for 4+4 and didn't.
2022: They might miss out on the best player maybe Wardlaw isn't exactly a consolation prize

Yeah I was genuinely surprised.. I never went to Glenferrie as a youngster, but it’s amazing to think that my junior footy club was probably operating out of better facilities at the same time we were there.

2020: They had no access to JUH as they didn't have pick 1. Were never taking Thilthorpe with their Pick.
2021: They took JHF with pick one and didn't consider anyone else. Could've trade Pick one for 4+4 and didn't.
2022: They might miss out on the best player maybe Wardlaw isn't exactly a consolation prize

Has the COMPETITION been unfairly impacted by father-son/Academy draft rules three years in a row?

Fixed it for them.....

No.

They've had every opportunity to make clubs pay for their father son and academy picks over the last couple of years, yet they've played nicely. That's their fault.

They've been no more unfairly impacted than every other team who has had their pick pushed back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO I think Clarko would be best to see what plays out at Brisbane and Port. If either of those clubs decide to move on from their coaches then he could slide right in and fill the gaps to try and get them over the hump.
On the flip there is a lot less expectation at North and Clarko is a man of the people. North has more of a suburban club feel to it than other options.

IMO I think Clarko would be best to see what plays out at Brisbane and Port. If either of those clubs decide to move on from their coaches then he could slide right in and fill the gaps to try and get them over the hump.

Is there genuine scuttlebutt that Fagan is under pressure?

Yup let Clarko make all the hiring calls - that worked out so well for us towards the end. Luke Hodge is a sharp footy mind - if whoever hires Clarko doesn’t heed his warning then they are nuts.

There was a prediction somewhere a month or so ago that Hinckley to GWS, Simpson to North and Clarko to Port. Still sounds possible.

Still scratching my head over the Melbourne interest in Grundy if they have cash to burn. Geelong are by the far the most logical fit - already on top of the ladder but with terrible ruck stocks.

Makes you wonder whether the AFL administration actually know what they're doing.

Do you lean towards complete incompetence (a byproduct of only hiring your private schoolboy mates and their hangers-on)? Or do you lean towards mild corruption or careless bias (in other words, they knew it would suck for certain teams, and made absolutely sure it wasn't their current favourites.)

I'm genuinely unsure. But I am positive that a large majority of posters in this forum would do a better job running the AFL. And that the TV rights would essentially sell themselves.

Call me cynical, but the AFL is an embarrassingly reactionary amateur crazytime sh!tshow run by Old Xaverian polo doucheclowns who are wildly overpaid, and draining the game of longterm fans while milking it for the appearance of a short-term financial sugar hit. Convince me otherwise.
Just one of the great posts

Have to wonder if Clarko to North is a backdoor strategy by the AFL to relocate the Roos in the event the Tassie bid doesn't get up. I know Tassie doesn't want a relocated team but in the event that's the only option left who better to sell it to the people than Clarko?

Have to wonder if Clarko to North is a backdoor strategy by the AFL to relocate the Roos in the event the Tassie bid doesn't get up. I know Tassie doesn't want a relocated team but in the event that's the only option left who better to sell it to the people than Clarko?

North don't want to relocate, will refuse to relocate and there is no case for their lack of viability to remain in Melbourne when they are debt-free, profitable and have record membership desptie successive spoons.

Just scrap the F/S rule and scrap academies, you want a draft system, have a proper draft system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back