No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well Port seem to have gone to sleep. Looks like an easy win to the AFL Giants at the end.

And that will be 6 teams on 48 points. When has that ever happened??

Round 15 had 6 teams on 40, Round 10 had 5 teams on 28 and Round 6 had 5 teams on 16. It's normal to see teams grouped closely together in the early rounds but to see it still occurring this far in just goes to show how crazy close it is. Drop a game and you could find yourself at 8, win the following week and it's back into the top 4. Just goes to show how damn important it is that we are 2 games ahead and that we keep ourselves 1 or 2 games ahead because of our relatively low percentage.

The back to back away wins we had against Port and Sydney were massively important. I just hope we don't let it go to waste and drop too many games were expected to win as the teams below us have pretty good runs home.

Suckling was truly horrid tonight. Should see some of the posts about him on the doggies board.

Very reminiscent to the Hawks board circa 2014-15.

Let's be honest we hardly miss him. Love that new guys are getting games instead.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
We don't miss the handful of absolute clangers he dishes up most games or the unbelievably soft defensive efforts that are his norm. Perfect example of a player made to look much better by those around him.

The way they're playing, you can't rule out the possibility that they might not win another game for the rest of the season.
Top 8 is done.

Port had to win at least 2 games more than North and they had 4 tricky games themselves. I was going to reserve judgement on their hopes until their GWS game, but that game shows how much of their chances were based on hype.

Top 8 is done.

Port had to win at least 2 games more than North and they had 4 tricky games themselves. I was going to reserve judgement on their hopes until their GWS game, but that game shows how much of their chances were based on hype.

Saints still a sneaky chance at taking North's spot. Check both teams remaining fixture. They have a game against each other and the other games make it possible.

Saints still a sneaky chance at taking North's spot. Check both teams remaining fixture. They have a game against each other and the other games make it possible.
Saints with a great draw and are in much better form. Win this week and it's a one game differential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any ladder / website where you can check out just the last x number of weeks?
Would be interesting to see a ladder for the last 5 or so weeks just gone and see how teams stack up in terms of percentage.

Love that Port are almost out of finals contention. Arrogant bunch of pricks who've achieved stuff all.

Absolutely. It's great when Port Adelaide lose. They are so sure they can beat anyone that they still haven't realised their midfielders just run forward of the play all the time and it opens them up when they turn the ball over. How was Ollie Wines' kick for goal that was touched? Kicking from straight in front, his legs goes across his body at 45 degrees and he wonders why he didn't connect properly. Very poor skills.

Sydney obliterated North Melbourne at Princes Park in the middle of the 1996 season, North turned the tables on them in the Grand Final (after Sydney shot out to an early lead).

Could see something similar happening this year if we play GWS in the GF.

GWS will struggle at the MCG I would have thought.

Plus they've never been in the finals before, not even guaranteed to make it that far, even with home ground advantage in the two lead up finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back