No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if that means we lose Brett Rattan?

I have a feeling Ratts might not want to relocate interstate. Then again senior coaching jobs are few and far between.

Should never have appointed Lepper. I remember hearing at the time he was reluctant to take on a senior coaching job, preferred to be an assistant. If you have to convince someone to do that kind of a job they are not the right person.

From the Leppitsch story:

"Experienced Hawthorn football-department boss Chris Fagan has also been mentioned among industry figures as a possible senior coach, should he desire the role."

#HandsOffFagan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions try to make a change but end up being a bigger joke. Fired leppa over the phone and let the players know via email. Well done brisbane you are still a s**t club with no ******* morals, don't deserve an extra pick. Played yourself badly and couldnt grow some balls and get leppa in and tell it to his face and the players. Mass exit again this year for this flop of a club

Lions try to make a change but end up being a bigger joke. Fired leppa over the phone and let the players know via email. Well done brisbane you are still a s**t club with no ******* morals, don't deserve an extra pick. Played yourself badly and couldnt grow some balls and get leppa in and tell it to his face and the players. Mass exit again this year for this flop of a club

Nah, mate. Give them the priority pick so they can trade it to us for some also-rans.

I live in brissie and the lions don't exist nobody barracks for them and everybody is embaressed by them... I reckon they should fold and move a team to tassie... It's over up here!

I live in brissie and the lions don't exist nobody barracks for them and everybody is embaressed by them... I reckon they should fold and move a team to tassie... It's over up here!

That's what happen's when your local supporter base is the biggest bunch of bandwagoner's you'd ever meet. When they were winning they were pulling the crowds and getting media attention left, right, and center. They've now dropped off a cliff and so have their "supporters".

They only care about the rugby codes up there. Only have enough room in their hearts for the Broncos and Cowboys (and the Reds to a lesser extent). Outside of Lang Park Grand Finals, Roar's crowds are abysmal.

They have an average attendance of ~17,000 for a side where they haven't qualified for the finals since 2009 and have been dreadful for most of them. Not bad for a team based in rugby league/union heartland. Not exactly in folding territory - they need a lot of help but they aren't nearly as bad as you make out. There are successful NRL sides that would kill for an average home crowd of 17,000.

Just throwing it out there;

Swans have finished blues, dockers, power, Saints, Roos, Tigers.
Cats have finished bombers, lions, tigers, Melbourne.

No wonder they are both in winning form.

A massive part of the Hawks predicament this year is not they are not competitive against good sides. They are. It is that the Hawks have not beaten up on the poor sides this year.

Brisbane need a coach who will not be afraid to take the club by the throat and shake it up. The whole football department up there is in an awful state
Alright, alright! I'll bloody do it. But only so the AFL get to keep 18 sides in the competition. As long as they give me a free car park and some ham and cheese sandwiches on game day. But I'm not going if they can't afford the cheese.

Oh, and I want one of those Lions 3-peat bumper stickers to make me feel at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back