No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching the parade interviews now. Talking about not bringing in Suckers because of his interrupted training the last two weeks.

Bulldogs players wearing sunnies.

Jinx?
3QUWljZD4RoOc.gif

Just watched the 1989 grand final doco... I dunno about you but the bit where yeasty took out Derm is there any chance somebody could set that up for Judas tomoz ... Just have someone line him up and take him down Yeats style... My god buddy wouldn't know what to do he certainly wouldn't do what Derm did, get up and play like a real man.C'mon doggies it's just four quarters make some history!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question about the gf - how many parts of the ground do the Swans have the dogs covered?

Swans are famed for their midfield and contested footy. Dogs have them covered for mine - they match the contested stuff, and they have more pace and more class. Sydney's hack it forward stuff is terrible.

Doggies have the pace all over the ground to deal with Sydney's slingshot which they rely on heavily. And all the dogs can intercept Mark.

Buddy is a clear advantage so maybe he is the Swans ace in the pack, but can that be enough.

The dogs are seriously good. They have more pace, better skills, more run and are contested beasts. This is no accident.

Doggies win for mine.
As long as they don't bomb it into the forward line - Sydneys strength is in its backline. Bulldogs weakness is key forward - marking forward. Stringer needs to go big.

Just watched the 1989 grand final doco... I dunno about you but the bit where yeasty took out Derm is there any chance somebody could set that up for Judas tomoz ... Just have someone line him up and take him down Yeats style... My god buddy wouldn't know what to do he certainly wouldn't do what Derm did, get up and play like a real man.C'mon doggies it's just four quarters make some history!!
If you've got a seat near the fence, when the siren goes you can have a crack at Buddy yourself - just don't do a hammie!

Last edited:
I love Lance; but in every interview he has done in the past couple of days, he makes it sound like this is his first time in a Grand Final and great for his beloved Swannies...

Seems to deflect questions relating to being in the big dance before

Not long enough:(

Just have a bex and please lie down

Except I'm talking about the lack of discussion around this compared to the reaction when a guy that hasn't played for two years elected the Hawks as his destination

Because nobody cares enough about Geelong to get angry about it? Imagine a world where Carlton had won 3 flags in a row and was luring more good players. People would feel threatened.

I love Lance; but in every interview he has done in the past couple of days, he makes it sound like this is his first time in a Grand Final and great for his beloved Swannies...

Seems to deflect questions relating to being in the big dance before

I'm sire Silk would sound the same to Port supporters. We are very proud and fortunate to follow the Hawks, but this year we should be respectful to which ever club wins the flag. At the same time, we hope we will be competing on the corresponding Saturday next year, because we deserve to!:rainbow::)

I'm sire Silk would sound the same to Port supporters. We are very proud and fortunate to follow the Hawks, but this year we should be respectful to which ever club wins the flag. At the same time, we hope we will be competing on the corresponding Saturday next year, because we deserve to!:rainbow::)
Agree.....as long as it's Bulldogs that win. $ydney can get stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back