No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lids isn't a spud, considering who drafted him and how he was developed, not to mention the players he was forced to play with he's am above average footballer which is a miracle.

If he'd been at the Hawks he would have been a four time premiership player and an absolute star.

He's a spud for 800k/year. He plays well against us, but in most other games he's not that great.

He's a spud for 800k/year. He plays well against us, but in most other games he's not that great.
He's a spud because Richmond paid him $800k?
Being overpaid doesn't make you a spud

Lids isn't a spud, considering who drafted him and how he was developed, not to mention the players he was forced to play with he's am above average footballer which is a miracle.

If he'd been at the Hawks he would have been a four time premiership player and an absolute star.
This is all true but he wouldn't get a game for any other side if that was the case.

Barrett can't get over the fact the pick trade with the blues based on points was favourable to the Hawks.

Completely overlooks the fact that the blue might have wanted 3 picks this year more than one next year.
Yeah, come draft day i can see the blues picking up a few mature age players from the state leagues that they have found. Doesn't really matter what picks they have as they will be the only ones looking at them. Kinda like when we got poppy and stratts.

Yeah, come draft day i can see the blues picking up a few mature age players from the state leagues that they have found. Doesn't really matter what picks they have as they will be the only ones looking at them. Kinda like when we got poppy and stratts.
Will be interesting if after draft Day they are praising SOS big haul while still questioning the trade for picks

It's amusing how "journalists" ignore why it is that the Hawks haven't had a pick inside the top 20 for the past five years and instead make it sound like the club is just incompetent

Media opinion of the Hawks is irrelevant, as are most of their comments. Why people pay so much attention to them I will never know.

Media opinion of the Hawks is irrelevant, as are most of their comments. Why people pay so much attention to them I will never know.
It is human nature to crave flattery and to be offended by anything negative.

Have you not, in the past, AH, shown such emotion?

I have no respect for the media, so why would I worry about what they think?

You obviously do because it appears to be your pet rant. I enjoy reading stories about our boys and getting some insight into them - it's the negative opinion pieces I dislike and they've been in abundance over the last 18 or so months. You would think they had run a systematic doping regime such is the negativity

You obviously do because it appears to be your pet rant. I enjoy reading stories about our boys and getting some insight into them - it's the negative opinion pieces I dislike and they've been in abundance over the last 18 or so months. You would think they had run a systematic doping regime such is the negativity

The only reason I know what the media are saying is because people keep bringing them to this forum by quoting them. I don't read their opinion pieces, nor do I watch them on TV. I don't need to know what they think.

I don't remember the Lions attracting such media hostility during their three peat. I wonder whether people are just fed up with our ongoing decades of success.

I don't remember the Lions attracting such media hostility during their three peat. I wonder whether people are just fed up with our ongoing decades of success.
I had a guy at work say to me on Friday "You traded out you're best 2 players this year, and I hope Jaeger does a knee, that'll stuff you up"
After a second or 2, he said "I shouldn't have said that, I'm just sick of seeing Hawthorn up there"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a guy at work say to me on Friday "You traded out you're best 2 players this year, and I hope Jaeger does a knee, that'll stuff you up"
After a second or 2, he said "I shouldn't have said that, I'm just sick of seeing Hawthorn up there"

I always respond to something like that by saying Hawthorn are only doing the best they can within the rules they are given. I go on to say it's not our fault other clubs aren't up to it.

I'm having a tough time coming down off the buzz of the trade weeks. The adrenaline rush was pretty addicting. A game is a huge buzz, but it only lasts three hours. This was different. It was like two weeks on an IV drip where someone else got to push the inject button.

I'm having a tough time coming down off the buzz of the trade weeks. The adrenaline rush was pretty addicting. A game is a huge buzz, but it only lasts three hours. This was different. It was like two weeks on an IV drip where someone else got to push the inject button.

The buzz? :eek: Definitely the worst part of the season to endure for me, relieved it is over and there are no more 'surprises' to come!!!

We're often forced to rely on them for news of what's going on in the football world. The frustrating thing is when they deliberately combine their bullshit opinions with said news in such a fashion that it becomes difficult to pinpoint where one begins and the other ends. It gives them a great deal of influence.

Just got back from o/s and have been trawling through all the trades and was surprised to see that Geelong were allowed to trade a future 1st round pick. My understanding of the rules for trading future picks is that you must use two 1st round picks within a rolling 4 year period. Geelong did not use a 1st round pick in 2015 and they traded their 2016 future 1st round pick last year for Danger and this trade period traded their 2017 1st for Tuohy.

Can someone pls explain how they were allowed to get away with this? (Sorry if it's been discussed somewhere else)

Just got back from o/s and have been trawling through all the trades and was surprised to see that Geelong were allowed to trade a future 1st round pick. My understanding of the rules for trading future picks is that you must use two 1st round picks within a rolling 4 year period. Geelong did not use a 1st round pick in 2015 and they traded their 2016 future 1st round pick last year for Danger and this trade period traded their 2017 1st for Tuohy.

Can someone pls explain how they were allowed to get away with this? (Sorry if it's been discussed somewhere else)

AFL says.

Also, some stupid ruling that they will need to trade in Round 1 picks to use next year. They may as well throw out the lube now and get used to the rough treatment.

I think the AFL fell for the line of "I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today."

They rule only says they could face a restriction if they don't mean the 2 used in any four year period.
They wouldn't be able to trade their 2018 first round pick and unless they get back in next year same would apply for 2019. Then once they've used two they would be free to start trading again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back