No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giants out of contract at the end of 2017
Dylan Shiel, 23
Jonathon Patton, 23
Devon Smith, 23
Josh Kelly, 21
Jacob Hopper, 19
Zac Williams, 22
Adam Tomlinson, 23
Matt Kennedy, 19
Harrison Himmelberg, 20
Matt Buntine, 23
Adam Kennedy, 24
Jeremy Finlayson, 20
Steve Johnson, 33
Dawson Simpson, 27

Rookies

Sam Reid, 27
Daniel Lloyd, 24

View attachment 318662

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-12/contract-crunch-giants-face-challenge-to-resign-fantastic-five
Well, after Carlton take 4 or 5 and Collingwood take their annual "big fish that still doesn't help them rise up the ladder" there's only about 8 of them to choose from.

Not sure but I will ask here currently have 1 seat in n3 but can get family of 5 seats in p3 , any one have feedback on seats regarding view , rain and sun ? GO HAWKS

Dylan Shiel, 23
Jonathon Patton, 23
Devon Smith, 23
Josh Kelly, 21
Jacob Hopper, 19
Zac Williams, 22
Adam Tomlinson, 23
Matt Kennedy, 19
Harrison Himmelberg, 20
Matt Buntine, 23
Adam Kennedy, 24
Jeremy Finlayson, 20
Steve Johnson, 33
Dawson Simpson, 27

Rookies

Sam Reid, 27
Daniel Lloyd, 24

View attachment 318662

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-12/contract-crunch-giants-face-challenge-to-resign-fantastic-five
Shiel and Kelly pls.

Dylan Shiel, 23
Jonathon Patton, 23
Devon Smith, 23
Josh Kelly, 21
Jacob Hopper, 19
Zac Williams, 22
Adam Tomlinson, 23
Matt Kennedy, 19
Harrison Himmelberg, 20
Matt Buntine, 23
Adam Kennedy, 24
Jeremy Finlayson, 20
Steve Johnson, 33
Dawson Simpson, 27

Rookies

Sam Reid, 27
Daniel Lloyd, 24

View attachment 318662

I doubt many will move. Most have done the hard yards (by that I mean have been there from the start and helped along nicely by the AFL) and threatening to win a flag or two. Then again money talks.

I doubt many will move. Most have done the hard yards (by that I mean have been there from the start and helped along nicely by the AFL) and threatening to win a flag or two. Then again money talks.

Well, all that high end talent in one spot makes some reasonable talent look like a small fish in a big pond. And what sort of post AFL career with be available to these guys in football? NEAFL? There is no media exposure, no fan base, no secondary football leagues. Other than cash, it's a football career wasteland.

I would expect a couple to go to lesser teams in order to be the big star with greater exposure (Collingwood, for example). Or even a team like Hawthorn where we may only pick up one or two guys into a superstar side. Despite being a small fish you get big fish attention.

So I reckon there are a few things that may be appealing to some of that top GWS talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there may not be sufficient money at GWS to go around, so some will be expected to be on massive unders. Hawthorn model followed be yet another club?

iu

So north made a huge play for heeney. Sydney going to have to pay up big time to keep him

Heeney would prove that he values money over success if he went to North. Such a good player, would love to see him with us or at the least a club that I don't hate.

Down in Tassie for work and have been in Burnie. Quite a lot of people around in Hawks gear. Haven't seen any other team gear while here. Obviously winning the hearts and minds here as well as the dollars.

Down in Tassie for work and have been in Burnie. Quite a lot of people around in Hawks gear. Haven't seen any other team gear while here. Obviously winning the hearts and minds here as well as the dollars.

Great to read !!!

So north made a huge play for heeney. Sydney going to have to pay up big time to keep him
Remember late 80s early 90s, the AIDS ads on TV with the faceless grim reaper waiting to take people who stuffed up?

He's back. Part Franklin contract, part Tippet's, 100% foul stench hovering over the Swans list management.

Sydney are screwed.

How do you have a serious conversation about taking a hit for the team when Heeney's team will simply point to the tall bloke and ask why he gets $1.6m while everyone else takes pay cuts.

Sydney will get him a sweet ambassador deal which should keep the wolves at bay

Remember late 80s early 90s, the AIDS ads on TV with the faceless grim reaper waiting to take people who stuffed up?

He's back. Part Franklin contract, part Tippet's, 100% foul stench hovering over the Swans list management.

It was the salmon mousse!!

98b3777e97253d288bfa022f236ae318.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back