No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to instigate Shane Yarran Week on Hawthorn Bigfooty...

Best post wins a year 7 English lesson...

I'll go first...

lols this is 2 funny damn you freo you are suck and all your drug problem are worse than eva experience eva nat fyfe you can cum to hawks and win clarko will have you 4 sure even tho u r a virgin dog

I'd like to instigate Shane Yarran Week on Hawthorn Bigfooty...

Best post wins a year 7 English lesson...

I'll go first...

lols this is 2 funny Damn you freo you are suck and all your drug problem are worse than eva experience eva nat fyfe you can cum to hawks and win clarko will have you 4 sure even tho u r a virgin dog
Yu is naught a bad enuff spella wat r u an teacher oar sumfin?

I can't help but think that the 3rd man up rule is somewhat instigated by Mike Fitzpatrick trying to preserve the "art" of ruckman. F-off.

Am I wrong in saying we are now looking for a new CEO? Heard that Fox has now moved on to become CEO of the MCC?

EDIT: yes I see the Fox moving on thread now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a page or two back now but just on the ethics vs. hypocrisy thing...

If you're against fossil fuels because you know how bad they are for the environment but you drive your car to work everday because you cant afford an electric car or it's too far to ride a bike or you cant get a lift with someone else, are you really a hypocrite? And if so, does being a hypocrite make your point any less valid, factually, about why you're against fossil fuels?

I mean, I couldn't disagree more with how the banking system works, generally speaking, yet I still keep my money in a bank account because I'm not going to bury it underground to take a stand in the hope that not being a hypocrite makes my point anymore valid. Hell, and generally speaking again, I largely don't agree with living under a capitalist system but do I really have to pull up stumps, go live out in the bush and hunt for my food to have this opinion?

Hypocrisy is overrated. It doesnt make a point any less valid. It's just not feasible for me not to be a hypocrite when so much of what I disagree with is essential for me to have to do given the way the world currently works.

Last edited:
I know it's a page or two back now but just on the ethics vs. hypocrisy thing...

If you're against fossil fuels because you know how bad they are for the environment but you drive your car to work everday because you cant afford an electric car or it's too far to ride a bike or you cant get a lift with someone else, are you really a hypocrite? And if so, does being a hypocrite make your point any less valid, factually, about why you're against fossil fuels?

I mean, I couldn't disagree more with how the banking system works, generally speaking, yet I still keep my money in a bank account because I'm not going to bury it underground to take a stand in the hope that not being a hypocrite makes my point anymore valid. Hell, and generally speaking again, I largely don't agree with living under a capitalist system but do I really have to pull up stumps, go live out in the bush and hunt for my food to have this opinion?

Hypocrisy is overrated. It doesnt make a point any less valid. It's just not feasible for me not to be hypocrite when so much of what I disagree with is essential for me to have to do given the way the world currently works.

Maybe being a hypocrite is not so bad, but it depends on the circumstances.
It's the "holier than thou" attitude that deserves criticism, for example, driving a car to work every day, while criticising other drivers or industries which use motor vehicles for their businesses?

Which is what my brother in law does!

When does the footy start?

It's the "holier than thou" attitude that deserves criticism, for example, driving a car to work every day, while criticising other drivers or industries which use motor vehicles for their businesses?

100%. Criticising others for having to make do with what means of transportation they have, when that's exactly what you have to do also, accomplishes nothing. People want/need cars in this day and age and that's just the way it currently works. It's fine to be concerened or even morally and ethically against the way it works, but people still have to do what they have to do given the circumstances they are in.

Approximately 56 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes and 51 seconds... at the time of posting.

Maybe being a hypocrite is not so bad, but it depends on the circumstances.

Which is what my brother in law does!

My favourite is people who don't use public transport that complain about their tax dollars funding it.

They also complain about the congestion on the roads which without public transport would be worse.

Hi all I'm a port member but a massive hawks fan. Looking for an AFL member's barcode to upgrade a ticket for boxing day. I'll flick you a 20 as I'm a good bloke. It's the last chance to get something out of your 2016 membership!

Go Hawks

You simply do what your own conscience can bear. I have invested in solar power, double glazing, insulation and changed my house to increase the passive heating and cooling capacity. We try to use energy sparingly and don't run aircon unless it gets uncomfortable with just the ceiling fans going. However I also drive an old diesel 4wd that I use off road when I can but it is my daily driver too and my wife drives a Territory. To ease my guilt I also make a little bio-diesel for my old beast. I try to encourage other people to also be energy conscious and while I could do more I don't think enough people really give f&@k.
Can I be a little pious, sure I can, do I feel like a hypocrite sometimes, yep. I don't like waste, but you do need to live.

You simply do what your own conscience can bear. I have invested in solar power, double glazing, insulation and changed my house to increase the passive heating and cooling capacity. We try to use energy sparingly and don't run aircon unless it gets uncomfortable with just the ceiling fans going. However I also drive an old diesel 4wd that I use off road when I can but it is my daily driver too and my wife drives a Territory. To ease my guilt I also make a little bio-diesel for my old beast. I try to encourage other people to also be energy conscious and while I could do more I don't think enough people really give f&@k.
Can I be a little pious, sure I can, do I feel like a hypocrite sometimes, yep. I don't like waste, but you do need to live.
The government should be driving this but when Abbott got in he reversed what had been out in place, cut funding and helped out his mates that get fat off coal

Most people don't care that much because at the moment they don't feel like they are being impacted.

Little things do add up though

Hypocrisy is overrated. It doesnt make a point any less valid. It's just not feasible for me not to be a hypocrite when so much of what I disagree with is essential for me to have to do given the way the world currently works.

Agree with all of the above - it's more about the degree of chest thumping I've come across and people who are beyond pious on an issue and then engage in activities that are in direct contravention of what their chest thumping is about. I abhor exploitative work practices but I buy cheap tshirts from Uniqlo because I don't have huge amounts of disposable income. I know it's hypocritical and I'm not going to lecture anyone about it. I came across this client once who went on a giant rant about the evils of gambling and demanded that his portfolio not be exposed to gambling stocks - but was more than content to hold about $50k of Woolies shares, despite them being the biggest pokies profiteers in the country. If he'd said 'look if I can avoid more gambling exposure that's be good' - go nuts. But if you're going to get on the soapbox so vehemently then back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back