No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The last 3 pages!!

Every premiership was gold, 2013 was great. Didn't think the Hawks were home until Smith's long bomb goal. The 2015 flag was a surprise, wasn't expecting a Hawthorn thumping win... but the cherry on top of a golden era. 2014 will always be my favourite. The circumstances in the lead up - Buddy's Swans too powerful for the Hawks. Media giving tbe Hawks no chance. I was nervous as watching the Swans take it down their end in the first quarter..... only to fluff it up. The clinical destruction of the Swans was magic to watch. Favourite goal of the game.... Will Langfords second goal on the run.... next favourite goal is Hodgey's intercept goal.

The last 3 pages!!

Every premiership was gold, 2013 was great. Didn't think the Hawks were home until Smith's long bomb goal. The 2015 flag was a surprise, wasn't expecting a Hawthorn thumping win... but the cherry on top of a golden era. 2014 will always be my favourite. The circumstances in the lead up - Buddy's Swans too powerful for the Hawks. Media giving tbe Hawks no chance. I was nervous as watching the Swans take it down their end in the first quarter..... only to fluff it up. The clinical destruction of the Swans was magic to watch. Favourite goal of the game.... Will Langfords second goal on the run.... next favourite goal is Hodgey's intercept goal.

Flogging the AFL $wans was sensational !!!

I was nervous as watching the Swans take it down their end in the first quarter..... only to fluff it up.
Gunston blocking Jack's otherwise clear run into an open goal is a great example of how he is so much more than a "3rd tall forward". He missed a few set shots in the earlier stages of the game and I mark that down to being so exhausted from all the hard running he did between the goal lines. His old mate Henderson should be able to play a role that allows Gunston to spend more time in the front half of the ground.

vcQWuQyYQd8LpHu5-f5xEFuyX_TxuaeeAni2ZZ2ZrczQgylqSub_GxP6k5B1RtXgArGiT8FYI3vqAKpxITQglVn08MYTBI_0RCvAOl2T9EXAWiIGn-1YFJUqG0bkSMLa4XxzMLuSoLeob4yMCLXLeoAuPfpGt28rjSWiB6GvFfQ-kjfi3HxjABjJoN6Uzx2arbquHClql2UZXSMFEZN1FbZz7qsxe-Bx22tY10SgRZ9b0ic6=w500-h277-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Journos seem to favor news that is adverse to our club, then they like to push the barrow as hard and far as is possible.
How does that fit in with not reporting Ken Judge's death? :huh::huh::huh:

An omission like that doesn't really stir the pot, does it?
Awww, come on now, can we get real here?

Are you seriously considering that they neglected to mention Ken Judge with a view to stirring our pot????

I'm with Abasi. ..we need to put the tinfoil helmets away...

Are you seriously considering that they neglected to mention Ken Judge with a view to stirring our pot????

No. I'm not that. The fact that they didn't includes him in their list, means to me it was an oversight, but when it comes to adverse Hawthorn news they dig and dig.

Do you have a theory as to why Ken Judge's death was not recorded?

Do you have a theory as to why Ken Judge's death was not recorded?
Apart from the obvious answer of oversight and human error, I really don't think a theory is needed.

Honestly, if there are people here seeing some kind of deliberate motive in this, I'm going to have to check out of this discussion; I won't be able to add anything to this 'issue', as we are at opposite ends of what we think is plausible...

No. I'm not that. The fact that they didn't includes him in their list, means to me it was an oversight, but when it comes to adverse Hawthorn news they dig and dig.
They look for adverse news on EVERY team...that's what sells.

It's just that we attend more to those about us...

They look for adverse news on EVERY team...that's what sells.

It's just that we attend more to those about us...

Bad news about Hawthorn will attract attention. Plenty of people hate us now and the hint of bad news will attract the haters like moths to a light.
It's the price of success. We can't revel in the jealousy of other fans and then complain if the media exploits that hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back