No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ae0a8a587d46db3b7fc1763c3dfeadd2

:greenalien:
Geez, Buckley, O'hAilpin, Thornton. How bad do GWS want to be the Blues? Have to start calling them our seconds team :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A lesson for MLG, but an acid bath for Lethlean.

Not sure why Caro wants us to feel sorry for this idiot, or why she's decided Carlton are the bad guys for not hiring him.
Actually, she probably believes that 2nd point because we made her look like an idiot declaring the job was already his.
... what?

As a result both McLachlan and Lethlean raised eyebrows across the industry. McLachlan, because club bosses found it bemusing and not a little insulting that the AFL could declare Lethlean unfit to serve at head office the AFL and yet ideal to run a club. And Lethlean, because after such a dramatic fall from grace he seemed to be picking and choosing his options.

Now the Essendon job looms as a possibility and perhaps, also, there is a role at St Kilda as they shake up their administration following the departure of Ameet Bains to the Bulldogs – the job that Lethlean rejected. Clearly Lethlean boasts the skills and experience for such a club job and not to mention now an enforced injection of humility invading what up until 2017 had been a successful and fortunate life.
She's taunting him...

Caro is just pissed that we boned our part time CEO. Alway fails to mention that Trigg didn't meet his commitment to relocate.

Not sure how we hung him out to dry. It is not like we got him to quit his job and then not give him one. (or turned a blind eye to him to have an affair with a junior employee while married until it became too big a scandal and then sacked him, while promising to look after him with a job in the industry)

Not great but again, it's all so believable. It could just be in our DNA, but it cannot bode well for us, in the future.
If true, most would despise this sort of confusion, incompetence and deception that ultimately amounts to a cost to ourselves.
We don't want it to be true but we know it could well be........we've seen it all too often before.

EDIT: Caro is after MLG and I still think she'll see his downfall. You just know it's coming ad who's going to step in.

agree stamos - as for this:

"Kennett stating Lethlean would not be considered due to the Hawks' standing as a family club."

I'm plum out of vomit.

Ah, yes, Kennett, the man who rents an office from his wife's super fund for 200,000 a year paid for by the humble taxpayer.

Does Caro know the ins and outs of being a club president?

I'd be interested to know what makes her qualified to start passing judgements on the recruitment processes as well as MLG's failings as our president.

I've really come to detest journalists. It's not a Caro thing (she's in fact one of the better ones out there), the journalism industry in the AFL is so incredibly poor. From Jon Ralph to David King, Mark Robinson to Tom Browne, Sam 'scoop' McClure etc. the whole industry is a joke. Very easy to write rubbish when you're never held accountable for any of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's not, but I'm pretty sure this has all been brought up before, but I suppose it's been a slow sport week for Caro, so she will bring it up again just to make sure the Blues fans can get upset with their club and Lethlean and his family's wounds can be reopened again before they have properly healed.

I don't mind Caro, but sometimes some things should be left alone, especially when it comes to a persons private affairs. Yes the guy may be an ahole, but the world is not full of aholes. They are, however strategically placed so that you meet one every day.

Not sure why Caro wants us to feel sorry for this idiot, or why she's decided Carlton are the bad guys for not hiring him.
Actually, she probably believes that 2nd point because we made her look like an idiot after declaring the job was already his.

Yep, pretty much my thoughts when da Liddle man was appointed....pissed myself laughing knowing she’d absolutely guaranteed it.

We all know she gets her mail from the top of the top levels at AFL house, that was plainly evident throughout the Essendon saga, absolutely no doubt she was given mail from Gillon that he was a chance at Carlton.

She ran with it, guaranteed it and was made to look the fool when it didn’t happen.

That article is an article full of sour grapes.

Probably most of what she's written is true, and it may well be that MLG indicated to Lethlean that he would back him for the CEO role.

The good side of this is that it shows we have a strong board and not a bunch of sheep doing what they're told. This demonstrates good processes are being followed, and that MLG will have hopefully learned a valuable lesson in management.

Not great but again, it's all so believable. It could just be in our DNA, but it cannot bode well for us, in the future.
If true, most would despise this sort of confusion, incompetence and deception that ultimately amounts to a cost to ourselves.
We don't want it to be true but we know it could well be........we've seen it all too often before.

EDIT: Caro is after MLG and I still think she'll see his downfall. You just know it's coming ad who's going to step in.
Who?

Did you also miss Barass70's announcement?
No, Barass70 is also not a public announcement service either.

If it was only a rumour, not sure how he has been humiliated by our club. Have a few issues with other assumptions made in the article as well.

The article is confused in its tone, and tries to smear everyone it touches.

We've treated Lethlan badly because we required him to submit to a process to prove he's qualified, yet we drove other prospective candidates away in what was a bad look because the job was always his?

Sometimes, you've just got to say it when you don't have enough evidence, but I suppose you've got to print something.

What do you expect?
It's Caro. Writing about Carlton.

If there's a way of making our club look like a bunch of turds, she'll manufacture it. A lot of supposition and conjecture in there presented as "fact".

What she's dressing up as a murky conspiracy is in fact pathetically commonplace: a bloke applied for a job; he didn't get it. A stronger applicant got the position - end of story.
Happens to many people looking for work, every day. I've been there, many times. (I'm a mere teacher though, not an aspiring CEO.)
I guess she has to come up with something to write about in the cricket season. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back