No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Whately doing morning, and i'm really looking forward to KB and Dr. Turf on the way home from work.
Garry and Tim are a bit meh, and thankfully I don't have to listen to Andy Maher in the afternoons.

If they could get a decent breakfast team in 2019 then the station could really climb up the ratings.
Not sure about KB, find him to be a bit of a toss at times. Dr Turf is good value but.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-19/holistic-lions-take-up-the-player-challenge

Oh gawd.

I for one am thankful Swanny headed north - they forgot to mention that they also re-signed Schache as well, but still “traded” him at the end of the season

Chris Fagan would have to be the best thing the AFL has done for the Brissie Lions since gifting them Fitzroy!
Fail to mention that they got rid of the captain who inspired the go home five to leave.

Might have helped a little with retention

interesting article on comparisons between the state's big stadiums - g comes out with a 7 perth an 8 - I'd have thought if a ground built yesterday didn't have the best amenities there would need to be major questions asked - articles rates on several aspects - would love to see the place one day

How Perth Stadium stacks up against Australia's best sports grounds

interesting article on comparisons between the state's big stadiums - g comes out with a 7 perth an 8 - I'd have thought if a ground built yesterday didn't have the best amenities there would need to be major questions asked - articles rates on several aspects - would love to see the place one day

Tried to get tickets for the first scorchers game .... sold out ..... I have walked around the outside .... never been in yet. Looks bloody amazing though...

I have pre booked tickets for the Blues games here this year. Cannot wait. Still, it is NOT the same as PP.

Tried to get tickets for the first scorchers game .... sold out ..... I have walked around the outside .... never been in yet. Looks bloody amazing though...

I have pre booked tickets for the Blues games here this year. Cannot wait. Still, it is NOT the same as PP.

Just imagine the locals when they finish top and 3rd get to grand final and have to play in Melbourne because they built a small capacity stadium.
Lady was giving away 4 tickets on a local facebook selling page 2 hours ago...

And for fairness in comparisons they should have included Adelaide Oval in this.

Last edited:

Tom Wildie is a general multi-platform reporter at ABC News in Perth. Tom has Bachelor of Arts from Curtin University in WA.

On the new Perth Stadium, Adam Gilchrist mentioned just before that the GOV were looking in to making any Scorchers final held there have a capacity of 40,000 due to concerns with traffic and congestion's it would be a week day.

Am i missing something here? What muppets build a stadium or anything for that matter then do something like that? If the infrastructure around the ground can't cope with the ground being 3/4 full then you have done it wrong.

Question.Do you think both the eagles and dockers' advantage of playing at home will be less now that they are playing at a new stadium,they'd to would need to get used to the new ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question.Do you think both the eagles and dockers' advantage of playing at home will be less now that they are playing at a new stadium,they'd to would need to get used to the new ground.
Or will they alternatively perform better on the MCG now they're playing regularly on a ground with similar dimensions?

I'm going and looking forward to it. Leave the Pit sometime this year (Carlton game)and I'll show you the stadium and a couple of frothier at the Crown afterwards. what do you say Crush?

On the new Perth Stadium, Adam Gilchrist mentioned just before that the GOV were looking in to making any Scorchers final held there have a capacity of 40,000 due to concerns with traffic and congestion's it would be a week day.

Am i missing something here? What muppets build a stadium or anything for that matter then do something like that? If the infrastructure around the ground can't cope with the ground being 3/4 full then you have done it wrong.
The foot bridge which will take 14000 to and from the ground isn't finished. It will be superb once the kinks have been taken out. I just wish it was bigger. Build it and they will come..........and stuff.

It will/should have better facilities than the "G" it's new ffs. I will still take the "G" any day. Carlton Vs Filth etc.... Nothing like it!!!!!

The foot bridge which will take 14000 to and from the ground isn't finished. It will be superb once the kinks have been taken out. I just wish it was bigger. Build it and they will come..........and stuff.

Bigger isn’t always better, 60,000 is a great number.

I love the MCG but unless there is 60,000 plus in, then the atmosphere can suck.

The article seems pre-disposed to finding in favour of the new venue since the main rationale for marking the G lower is that "age counts against it". 7 out of 10? That's insulting. Can't beat the G.

Call me a biased Victorian if you will... cos well, I am. :D

Last edited:
Bigger isn’t always better, 60,000 is a great number.

I love the MCG but unless there is 60,000 plus in, then the atmosphere can suck.
Danger what I wanted for the new stadium was the same opportunity for my boys that I had growing up in Melbourne. Each week a group of us would go to a game at the"G" and you could just pay and walk in.I miss that greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back