No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really hope the Swans either do or are forced to keep Tippett and his salary on the list for the next 3 years or include his salary for the 3 years in this year’s cap.

No sympathy for long term big money deals. You take the best players and price other clubs out, you suffer if it doesn’t work out.
Yeah suffer in ya jocks swannies

I really hope the Swans either do or are forced to keep Tippett and his salary on the list for the next 3 years or include his salary for the 3 years in this year’s cap.

No sympathy for long term big money deals. You take the best players and price other clubs out, you suffer if it doesn’t work out.
Is that right? Papers saying he had one year left. If you're right I agree. I always thought the same too when Buddy signed on for 10 years...as if

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Now I get what the conversation was abt with the start times at the new stadium. People are still working at that time and if you are coming from Mandurah which is a hour away on the train, you have to do a five minute walk to another platform then catch another train. 5.30pm would be a better time during the week, then again over here in the West we do have to cater for those of you in the East with the time difference.

Probably don't have to pay him out if he retired. Different if they decided to delist him before his contract was finished.

Is that right? Papers saying he had one year left. If you're right I agree. I always thought the same too when Buddy signed on for 10 years...as if

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
My bad, contracted to the end of 2018. So just this year’s salary. Slap on the wrist for the Swans really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably don't have to pay him out if he retired. Different if they decided to delist him before his contract was finished.
I suspect there would be a negotiated settlement amount which will have to be included in the salary cap for this year.
Whether the Swans pay a negotiated amount or the full year’s salary, I expect the full year’s salary to be included in the Swans’salary cap.

Think of it this way.

Franklin retires with 3 years to go. Swans pay him say 50% of his 3 years’ full salary as a negotiated amount. The negotiated amount is included in the first year’s salary cap. The second year the Swans pay significantly less than the salary cap, allowing the Swans to pay 105% of the cap in year 3. Swans go and get the best free agent in year 3.

If Swans are required to include the full amount in the salary cap (even if they only pay the negotiated amount) then they cannot get the best free agent, etc. as quickly.

EDIT: Or more simply, if the Swans only have to include say half of Tippet’s salary in the 2018 cap, then it can go and get the best free agent next year / retain all its best players (rather than lose one to keep the rest).

Last edited:
Sylvia is a weird unit.

At the risk of sounding crass, why would anyone pay for pr0n? It's literally all over the internet. Mind you, he's never come across as the sharpest tool in the shed...

Not that I am aware of such things but perhaps he was paying for premium Web cam experiences

I used to do the same at Waverly, would get dropped out the front, walk in, find a seat and watch footy, I'm pretty sure it was $2.

Those were the days.
I loved Waverly Park. I was a black bomber there for the last 2 years, running the umpires on and off the ground. Had the best seat in the house! Used to have the keys for most of it too, as I'd baby sit the ground on Sundays. I'd be watching the sunday footy show from the corporate stand, when they would review the game from Waverly Park, I would have it as my back drop. Most memorable moment was the final game there when Sydney played Hawthorn. A Sydney supporter jumped onto the ground before the 2nd siren and I caught and slung him to the ground, after he got past the 1st 2 guards. I then had 75,000 plus people booing me haha.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Whether the Swans pay a negotiated amount or the full year’s salary, I expect the full year’s salary to be included in the Swans’salary cap.

Think of it this way.

Franklin retires with 3 years to go. Swans pay him say 50% of his 3 years’ full salary as a negotiated amount. The negotiated amount is included in the first year’s salary cap. The second year the Swans pay significantly less than the salary cap, allowing the Swans to pay 105% of the cap in year 3. Swans go and get the best free agent in year 3.

If Swans are required to include the full amount in the salary cap (even if they only pay the negotiated amount) then they cannot get the best free agent, etc. as quickly.

EDIT: Or more simply, if the Swans only have to include say half of Tippet’s salary in the 2018 cap, then it can go and get the best free agent next year / retain all its best players (rather than lose one to keep the rest).

Actually they pay it all no matter what. That’s part of the deal that allows for long term deals.
From the afl to the swans
“An explicit acknowledgement that the long-term specific financial commitment over the nine-year agreement will apply to the Swans' total player payments for each of the nine years, regardless of how many years Franklin is available to play for the club."

I expect it would be the same for Tippett....especially as it would be like compo claim...retiring due to injury.

I loved Waverly Park. I was a black bomber there for the last 2 years, running the umpires on and off the ground. Had the best seat in the house! Used to have the keys for most of it too, as I'd baby sit the ground on Sundays. I'd be watching the sunday footy show from the corporate stand, when they would review the game from Waverly Park, I would have it as my back drop. Most memorable moment was the final game there when Sydney played Hawthorn. A Sydney supporter jumped onto the ground before the 2nd siren and I caught and slung him to the ground, after he got past the 1st 2 guards. I then had 75,000 plus people booing me haha.

Waverley Park was awesome.

Except for the rain, the wind, the cold, the mud, the lack of public transport, the parking bottlnecks, the crappy screen, the Hawks, the Saints.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back