No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-15/the-stats-files-clarkos-crusade-on-the-state-of-the-game#/

Clarko is right. Game is over adjudicated. Focus is on the Umps not the players or the game spectacle itself.

Brief B/W run down
2018 2005
Contested Possessions : 146.2 114.5
Kicking Efficiency : 64.9 74.7
Tackles : 64.4 41.9
Frees For : 20.9 16.5
Stoppages : 60.4 50.3
Interchanges : 94.9 35.3

The AFL have maintained throughout the naughties that they want a freer game style a more flowing gamestyle. Yet the numbers do not lie, they have in fact impeded the game with their own adjudication. They have made it a roving scrum, stoppage to stoppage with more frees paid as a result (due to the fact everyone is humping everyone on the ground).

Has the interchange cap (You know the tax we had to have?) made the players fresher as a result? Has it injected that flowing pace to the game? Or has it given greater stamina to tackle teams to the Nutz? Stop play? Hold up?

Discuss.

I feel guilty we did that to them. Really do.

61262015.jpg

NicNat landed on his upper back and head with most of his body weight and momentum. He could have rolled through the tackle and controlled the landing.

It was aggressive, then clumsy and concussed the player.
Totally agree.

Nicnats tackling technique (coupled with his brute strength) is designed to cause maximum damage. I'm not aware of any other player that tackles in this way. It is pretty unique. He basically drives the opponents upper body/head into the ground with his momentum behind him. It should have been picked up in his previous tackles as well. Some have been rightfully arguing that it is within the rules but he can still lay an effective tackle without elevating the risk of a serious injury. Imagine if he did that to our fish....

The Blues put the final nail in their coffin for the next decade.:D

There’s been so many sliding doors moments over the last 20 years that we’ve been on the wrong side of the door....I feel this is another sliding door moment, and I hope to the footy lords it’s in our favour for a change!!!

From where I’m looking that was a pretty decisive move from Essendon, it can only go one of 2 ways

Totally agree.

Nicnats tackling technique (coupled with his brute strength) is designed to cause maximum damage. I'm not aware of any other player that tackles in this way. It is pretty unique. He basically drives the opponents upper body/head into the ground with his momentum behind him. It should have been picked up in his previous tackles as well. Some have been rightfully arguing that it is within the rules but he can still lay an effective tackle without elevating the risk of a serious injury. Imagine if he did that to our fish....

Apparently just before three quarter time against Port he tackled Westhoff in a correct fashion according to Malcolm Blight. Going to look for footage during the week.

Apparently just before three quarter time against Port he tackled Westhoff in a correct fashion according to Malcolm Blight. Going to look for footage during the week.
I think blighty used a tackle that westoff layed on another player as an example of a good safe tackling technique where he turned player onto his back. Westoff showed duty of care whilst laying an effective tackle.

AFL 360 is actually putrid tonight re bolts / blues bro,s . Take each case on its merits. . Hawk was a little bit aggressive. May ( weird attempt to understand a free against him ) . Ed was lucky but it was a gentle “ok “ acknowledgement and Charlie was actually keeping the ump safe away from the fracas .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think blighty used a tackle that westoff layed on another player as an example of a good safe tackling technique where he turned player onto his back. Westoff showed duty of care whilst laying an effective tackle.

You might be right. Think it will be the Syd v Port game he was talking about. Thanks for clarifying before I waste my time searching in wrong game for the tackle.

Over the last year or so my distaste for Melbourne supporters is rising quite substantially, does anyone else feel the same?
i feel the same ,used to have soft spot for demons .....i think it started turning when lewis ,melkshum , the young "im a hard arse" ranger ect turned up and started strutting around like hard F#cks , with actually achieving very little ...seems to have rubbed off on % of flog supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back