No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duffield certainly nailed it.

Watching the vision again, I'm not sure what else Ablett's intention was, other than to hit Shiel in the head. Shiel had already disposed of the ball, so there was no reason to tackle or bump him. In downgrading the ruling to careless, the tribunal have served to confirm that the AFL's concern about head injuries is nothing more than empty words.

Duffield certainly nailed it.

Watching the vision again, I'm not sure what else Ablett's intention was, other than to hit Shiel in the head. Shiel had already disposed of the ball, so there was no reason to tackle or bump him. In downgrading the ruling to careless, the tribunal have served to confirm that the AFL's concern about head injuries is nothing more than empty words.

Pending on who is doing the hitting.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05...r-taranto-lion-happy-to-be-part-of-the-debate

Geez, the 2016 draft is already shaping up as one to remember :fire:

1. McGrath
2. Taranto
3. McLuggage
5. Setterfield
6. Petrevski-Seton
7. Scrimshaw
10. Bowes
11. Florent
14. Perryman
16. Marshall
17. Berry
18. Powell-Pepper
19. English
21. Hayward
23. Witherden
26. Parfitt
27. Fisher
33. Drew
39. Battle
40. Stewart
43. Ratugolea
51. Himmelberg
52. Rioli
53. Graham
61. Williamson
77. Waterman

There was a big Ziebell fan here around the time of that draft. Username may have had something involving Kreuzer, doesn't post here anymore, it would seem.

I was. Definitely thought was was top 10 and could fall to us if we wanted him. Lived on the same street as him as youngin so we knew each other for a time and got shot down for that.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05...r-taranto-lion-happy-to-be-part-of-the-debate

1. McGrath
2. Taranto
3. McLuggage
5. Setterfield
6. Petrevski-Seton
7. Scrimshaw
10. Bowes
11. Florent
14. Perryman
16. Marshall
17. Berry
18. Powell-Pepper
19. English
21. Hayward
23. Witherden
26. Parfitt
27. Fisher
33. Drew
39. Battle
40. Stewart
43. Ratugolea
51. Himmelberg
52. Rioli
53. Graham
61. Williamson
77. Waterman

When I look at lists like this, I always think that one day a club will trade pick 1 for say pick 17, 20 and 22 and end up with 3 players like Berry, Hayward and Witherden.

And be so far in front of the team who gets McGrath.

Clarko is utterly ruthless, guessing he told Roughy in his chat last year he couldn't guarantee first team spot. Unlike Mitchell and Lewis he decided to stick it out.

Perhaps Bolts needs to have the same chat with Murphy?
I doubt Bolts will need to do this. I'm confident that Murph will make an honest assessment of where his footy is at, which at the moment is probably not where he wants it to be.

I doubt Bolts will need to do this. I'm confident that Murph will make an honest assessment of where his footy is at, which at the moment is probably not where he wants it to be.

What annoys me most about him right now, is he’s playing punch the clock footy.

Happy to rack up 25 and that’s it.

Was the go to guy late in the GC and Hawthorn games, and just did not deliver.

And I’ve seen him deliver at Footy Park in what was the most important game we’ve played in the last 7/8 years.

Was the go to guy late in the GC and Hawthorn, and just did not deliver.

And I’ve seen him deliver at Footy Park in what was the most important game we’ve played in the last 7/8 years.
I sense he is frustrated that his body isn't allowing him to play the type of footy he used to capable of, this is why I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull the pin at the end of this season despite being contracted for 2020.

I sense he is frustrated that his body isn't allowing him to play the type of footy he used to capable of, this is why I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull the pin at the end of this season despite being contracted for 2020.

Think he’s one of those guys that saw Captaincy as his birthright and once he lost that, threw the toys out of the cot.

My opinion.

Was the go to guy late in the GC and Hawthorn games, and just did not deliver.

I will say this once. He either plays with a serious injury or he doesn't give 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he’s one of those guys that saw Captaincy as his birthright and once he lost that, threw the toys out of the cot.

My opinion.
He was anointed as Judd's successor because he was the next best player at the club at the time. I'm not sure it was something he saw as the ultimate prize & I reckon if Cripps/Doc were a few years older, Murph would have happily let them lead the way.

Received a 2 year contract reported at $600k. Do you think a bloke with a young family is going to pass this up for next year. Any idea where he could match that income?

Clarko is utterly ruthless, guessing he told Roughy in his chat last year he couldn't guarantee first team spot. Unlike Mitchell and Lewis he decided to stick it out.

Perhaps Bolts needs to have the same chat with Murphy?
Clarko has the track record which allows him to make those sorts of calls...if Bolton dropped smurph he would be under a lot of pressure specially if they lost the match...

1. McGrath
2. Taranto
3. McLuggage
5. Setterfield
6. Petrevski-Seton
7. Scrimshaw
10. Bowes
11. Florent
14. Perryman
16. Marshall
17. Berry
18. Powell-Pepper
19. English
21. Hayward
23. Witherden
26. Parfitt
27. Fisher
33. Drew
39. Battle
40. Stewart
43. Ratugolea
51. Himmelberg
52. Rioli
53. Graham
61. Williamson
77. Waterman

Bit unfair to compare these young men to Willo.

Received a 2 year contract reported at $600k. Do you think a bloke with a young family is going to pass this up for next year. Any idea where he could match that income?
I think Murph is already set up off field, but if he brings more of what he brought today to the table, 2020 might be viable after all.

I had a thought just now.

Historically what has been called a rebuild has been mainly chucking a few pieces out because they are old and putting some new in and adding a varnish etc.

That's a renovation.

What we did was spend years demolishing the entire frame, base, everything, and truly rebuilt it from the ground up.

What we did was a complete rebuild, not a renovation and those take longer.

Historically what has been called a rebuild has been mainly chucking a few pieces out because they are old and putting some new in and adding a varnish etc.

That's a renovation.

What we did was spend years demolishing the entire frame, base, everything, and truly rebuilt it from the ground up.

Good point.

The media love to talk about the 'rebuild' Clarko has done at Hawthorn when in reality all they did is turf out some premiership players who were past their use by date & replace them with experienced players from other clubs. This is not a rebuild, not even a renovation, it is a lick of paint over the cracks, which will be found out in due course when a proper building inspection is done of the list by Opposition coaches.

What we have done is to cut deeper than any other team would ever contemplate, particularly the likes of North, Sydney & the Saints who need to stay competitive to remain viable.

Seriously, Hawks have 60k members and 14k turn up to a footy match???

I’ve always questioned how the hawk supporters call themselves a big club as they never turn up. What is there membership made up of??? They must be great with numbers...

That's a renovation.

I call it a Ctrl alt delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back