No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed it too. But it was at Stack's expense.

Yeah Stack was telling Eddie no special goals and Eddie showed the young man who is boss.
I still love what Stack brings to the table and it could be a case of learning that some players you trash talk, others you keep quiet.

I used to play basketball against a bloke the could not stand trash talking and he would go to water. Then some, you just kept quiet and gave them no motivation to smash you.

It still hurts me to this day watching Betts play for the Crows, has to be my favourite non Carlton player. Just a joy to watch and the best small forward I've seen.

Blame the flogs that brought us Malthouse. I truly believe if idiots that wanted Ratten replaced with Malthouse did not get their clueless and ill conceived way, Eddie would have been a club player his whole career. Also believe Waite would have stayed too. I wonder what would have become of Yarran. Maybe he would have gone off rails in life anyway but a part of me thinks when he lost his mates at Carlton and out of favour with Malthouse he started to go off rails in general in his life. Mind you, just speculation. No way blaming Malthouse for the s**t Yarran has got himself into. That is his own doing but certainly some sliding door moments that make me wonder what could have been in a number of ways. Anyway, good luck to Eddie. Always still be a Carlton player for rest of his life like quite a few other Bliue players like Kenny Sheldon that went somewhere else but still very much a Carlton man after he retired.

Last edited:
Yeah Stack was telling Eddie no special goals and Eddie showed the young man who is boss.
I still love what Stack brings to the table and it could be a case of learning that some players you trash talk, others you keep quiet.
Yep, that is pretty much the lesson there for him. Just know the players not to get involved deeply in banter.

I remember one day when batting the slips fielders were getting very chatty with me in a good spirited way. But I enjoyed it and just made me focus even better than normal when the bowler was back in play. I even sliced one over slips on purpose and gave them some fun advice about their catching abilities.
Do not give a sucker an even break. Some of us like a bit of banter. Just makes your focus even sharper. Stack just got to pick the right targets. Some will lose their way and hopefully for him he uses banter to his advantage in future. It is all good fun. I love it both when playing or watching but if the guy is on your own team and the opposition are getting more out of it, I'd have a quiet word to him to get smarter.

Blame the flogs that brought us Malthouse. I truly believe if idiots that wanted Ratten replaced with Malthouse did not get their clueless and ill conceived way, Eddie would have been a club player his whole career. Also believe Waite would have stayed too. I wonder what would have become of Yarran. Maybe he would have gone off rails in life anyway but a part of me thinks when he lost his mates at Carlton and out of favour with Malthouse he started to go off rails in general in his life. Mind you, just speculation. No way blaming Malthouse for the **** Yarran has got himself into. That is his own doing but certainly some sliding door moments that make me wonder what could have been in a number of ways. Anyway, good luck to Eddie. Always still be a Carlton player for rest of his life like quite a few other Bliue players like Kenny Sheldon that went somewhere else but still very much a Carlton man after he retired.

Revisiting past mistakes but basically when Eddie left, Yarran, Garlett and Robinson went off the rails. Terrible mistake.

This article explains the bond the 4 of them had.

Blame the flogs that brought us Malthouse. I truly believe if idiots that wanted Ratten replaced with Malthouse did not get their clueless and ill conceived way, Eddie would have been a club player his whole career. Also believe Waite would have stayed too. I wonder what would have become of Yarran. Maybe he would have gone off rails in life anyway but a part of me thinks when he lost his mates at Carlton and out of favour with Malthouse he started to go off rails in general in his life. Mind you, just speculation. No way blaming Malthouse for the **** Yarran has got himself into. That is his own doing but certainly some sliding door moments that make me wonder what could have been in a number of ways. Anyway, good luck to Eddie. Always still be a Carlton player for rest of his life like quite a few other Bliue players like Kenny Sheldon that went somewhere else but still very much a Carlton man after he retired.

Speaking to a former indigenous great of Carlton, Yarran was always in a bad place. He tried to help him out but it was getting not a lot of love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the vision of Stratton pinching Fantasia and the pictures of Fantasias arm late in the game, its covered in about 8-10 pinch sized bruises.

The hosts of the show discussing the penalty for a 1st offence is a $1500 fine.

I don't know about you but this seems like a joke of a response to something that belongs in the gutter. In days gone by or in the street, Stratton would be knocked on his arse and rightfully so, it really really annoys me that people and players these days, do dog acts purely as they know there is no risk of retaliation.

Isn't he their captain?

Just watching the vision of Stratton pinching Fantasia and the pictures of Fantasias arm late in the game, its covered in about 8-10 pinch sized bruises.

I don't know about you but this seems like a joke of a response to something that belongs in the gutter. In days gone by or in the street, Stratton would be knocked on his arse and rightfully so, it really really annoys me that people and players these days, do dog acts purely as they know there is no risk of retaliation.

Isn't he their captain?
Hawthorn captains and grubs go hand in hand..
Their history of their last 3 captains says it all..

Isn't he their captain?
Guarantee any retaliation gets punished worse then the original offence.

Why do we have umpires if they refuse to stamp out blatant cheating and dirty tactics?

if you'd been invited to their waikiki beach party you'd know that

61FvNIGKN2L.jpg

Not just cos it was Eddie. It was cool to see two fellas genuinely enjoying the game and-gasp!-a young player showing his admiration for a star.
I didn't see anything wrong with it. Game was done and it was a great goal.

After watching so much NFL. Those guys belt each other and clean each other up on plays. You then often see them get up and say "Good hit! Haha" as they run back to the huddle.

Doing it after a regular goal from 20 out, in front probably would rub me the wrong way but I'm that context it was a good goal. The banter the puts it in context makes it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back