No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the cats are pushing for a "home" final at Kardinia Park - haven't they done this before?
Apparently the MCG is too far for them to travel, or something.
Or maybe they just don't perform as well at the G as they do in their own back yard.
Pussies.
Scott also has an issue with the MCG being locked in as the Grand Final venue. Do you think he'd change his tune if the Cats had to go over to Perth to play in a Grand final? Or the SCG?

Chris Scott moaning about the Cats not having a massive home ground advantage in finals.
yep, freo cleaned them out down there it was a beautiful, beautiful thing.........2013 ...................

Last edited:
So the cats are pushing for a "home" final at Kardinia Park - haven't they done this before?
Apparently the MCG is too far for them to travel, or something.
Or maybe they just don't perform as well at the G as they do in their own back yard.
Pussies.
Scott also has an issue with the MCG being locked in as the Grand Final venue. Do you think he'd change his tune if the Cats had to go over to Perth to play in a Grand final? Or the SCG?

Chris Scott moaning about the Cats not having a massive home ground advantage in finals.
Geelong make me sick.
Not only are they the only Victorian club to have a home venue it has been paid for by the Victorian tax payers.
Name a time when Carlton played a final at Princes Park or Collingwood played a final at Victoria Park or Essendon at Windy Hill.
It never happened, (well apart from the 1945 Grand final because of WW2).
What more do this mob want?

There would be 2/5ths of bugger all GF contenders supporters at the game if it went interstate, half the G is full of corporates on the big day.

Who really thinks the sponsors and hangers on who pay gazillions to the AFL every year will forego their tickets?

None of them

One wonders why Chris Scott would even engage in a conversation about finals venues. Smart coaches would tell the media they are only focussed on matters within their control, particularly their next game. Clearly Scott does not fall into this category.

Future look into Geelong's season.

Used the old car to achieve realism.

Someone posted this in the research thread for the Swans information. Found it interesting that Doc wouldn't be the only Carlton captain to not appear on the field in his first year of captaincy and for a similar reason.

All teams who qualify for a home final should be entitled to one, not at a venue forced upon you by the AFL, the responses from supporters here born out of envy are poor.

Bemoaning coaches for having an opinion and not just spewing out condescending cliches is hypocritical, good on Scott for expressing an opinion on the topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All teams who qualify for a home final should be entitled to one, not at a venue forced upon you by the AFL, the responses from supporters here born out of envy are poor.

Bemoaning coaches for having an opinion and not just spewing out condescending cliches is hypocritical, good on Scott for expressing an opinion on the topic.
Teams in the past never got a home final at their home ground so why now?
Venues such as the MCG and Waverley were forced upon clubs by the AFL/VFL for finals matches.

Venues such as the MCG and Waverley were forced upon clubs by the AFL/VFL for finals matches.

Wonder if we make it further in '94 if we got to play at PP rather than Waverley. We hated going there.

Sydney, Brisbane, West Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, GWS have always had home finals, why should Geelong be any different? They are not a part of Melbourne.

We have always, well the last 25 years at least have split our home games across multiple venues, which includes the MCG, so the Melbourne clubs have always had home finals.

It’s crazy that Geelong can be playing against Collingwood or Hawthorn or any Melbourne team for that matter and be forced to play at the lower teams home ground, that’s if they were the higher team.

Sydney, Brisbane, West Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, GWS have always had home finals, why should Geelong be any different? They are not a part of Melbourne.

We have always, well the last 25 years at least have split our home games across multiple venues, which includes the MCG, so the Melbourne clubs have always had home finals.

It’s crazy that Geelong can be playing against Collingwood or Hawthorn or any Melbourne team for that matter and be forced to play at the lower teams home ground, that’s if they were the higher team.
Non Victorian teams get home finals in their home states.
Geelong is an hour down the road from Melbourne.
They get a home final in Victoria.
They are the only Victorian club who has a distinct home ground, why should they also get an advantage of playing at Geelong?
Imagine if they played another Victorian club? Good luck getting 80,000 supporters into that stadium.
It has never happened in the past and shouldn't happen now.

They get a home final in Victoria.

By that theory, next time we make finals, you are happy if the AFL schedules the game at Kardinia park, after all its a home final in Victoria

They are the only Victorian club who has a distinct home ground, why should they also get an advantage of playing at Geelong?

Whats the relevance? You are supposed to have a home ground advantage, that's the whole point of the season, they should get the advantage of playing in Geelong, because they are a team from Geelong.

Imagine if they played another Victorian club? Good luck getting 80,000 supporters into that stadium.

Again, what's the relevance? You don't get something you deserve, taken away from you because it doesn't make the AFL enough money. What do you think happens in other sporting codes? Crowd numbers are irrelevant.

It has never happened in the past and shouldn't happen now.

It has happened, the Cats hosted the Dockers, just because something is a certain way, doesn't make it right. The AFLs stance is purely about $$$$ and your comments along with so many others are born out of envy.

Loving the brutal honesty displayed by Dane Beams today, he must be in a very bad place, putting his situation out there leaves him open to criticism, but it also hopefully opens discussion about mental illness and its effects.

It is very sad reading comments from mostly jealous individuals, telling him to suck it up and complaining that they can't take time off due to mental illness and pretty much emphasising why human beings still struggle to talk about mental illness, most of these comments were from men, which is no surprise.

I have this argument with my Cats supporting wife all the time.
The difference between West Coast, Sydney, Adelaide etc having home finals is that they don’t play home games at the MCG, Geelong do.
Whatever criteria the AFL have for Geelong playing home games against the bigger clubs at the G should be the same for finals.
Let them play the interstate clubs there but the big Melbourne clubs should play at the G

I have this argument with my Cats supporting wife all the time.
The difference between West Coast, Sydney, Adelaide etc having home finals is that they don’t play home games at the MCG, Geelong do.
Whatever criteria the AFL have for Geelong playing home games against the bigger clubs at the G should be the same for finals.
Let them play the interstate clubs there but the big Melbourne clubs should play at the G

Its decent point but still one i don't agree with. All AFL clubs should be able to choose where they play their home and away matches. The Hawks play in Tassie, as do the Roos, the Dogs in Ballarat, the Dees in Darwin, Port in China, because it is beneficial to them, it shouldn't count against them in an argument about finals fixtures. I think they should be able to choose where they play their home finals too, maybe not prelim finals but thats just my take on it.

The current agreement is that they don't play finals there, the game against Freo was possible as there were already games in Melbourne that week of finals. I don't know why its so hard to have a clear set of rules, the AFL gave serious consideration to stripping GWS of their final at Spotless, to move it to Sydneys home ground, the AFL made the dogs play a home final against the Crows at the G, when the Dogs home ground is Marvel. Its just not right, money shouldn't dictate what's right.

Its decent point but still one i don't agree with. All AFL clubs should be able to choose where they play their home and away matches. The Hawks play in Tassie, as do the Roos, the Dogs in Ballarat, the Dees in Darwin, Port in China, because it is beneficial to them, it shouldn't count against them in an argument about finals fixtures. I think they should be able to choose where they play their home finals too, maybe not prelim finals but thats just my take on it.

The current agreement is that they don't play finals there, the game against Freo was possible as there were already games in Melbourne that week of finals. I don't know why its so hard to have a clear set of rules, the AFL gave serious consideration to stripping GWS of their final at Spotless, to move it to Sydneys home ground, the AFL made the dogs play a home final against the Crows at the G, when the Dogs home ground is Marvel. Its just not right, money shouldn't dictate what's right.

It’s a juggle between the desire of one club to play a home final at their smaller ground and the desire of 50000 fans who won’t be able to get to see their team play a final.

Again, what's the relevance? You don't get something you deserve, taken away from you because it doesn't make the AFL enough money. What do you think happens in other sporting codes? Crowd numbers are irrelevant.

The AFLs stance is purely about $$$$ and your comments along with so many others are born out of envy.

You seem obsessed with the AFL making money. Its not just that. Its the fact that Geelong make a stadium that cant even fit THEIR fans in let alone the opposition fans.

Its the same as Sydney having to play at anz stadium.. its allowing more fans get to the game.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back