No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopeful our boy can pip Dangermouse this evening...I think Lachie Neale will be right up there
Grundy would catch the umpires eye too

We shouldn’t joke about it but how would that poor kid be feelin?
2 chances to win a Gf in the last 90 secs, and can’t do it.
He would be devastated
that's a lot of "if only" to be lugging around the rest of your life......

It seems the Gold Coast will be awarded their priority pick this afternoon .

And you know what ? I am fine with that, the fact is they haven't the people in charge or resources like us to turn around a shoddy/broken club, so i think it is very reasonable and fair for the AFL ro give them picks 1 and 2.

Also I don't like Melbourne and don't want the Dees to get Noah Anderson either. Is that petty of me ? 🙂

And you know what ? I am fine with that, the fact is they haven't the people in charge or resources like us to turn around a shoddy/broken club, so i think it is very reasonable and fair for the AFL ro give them picks 1 and 2.

Also I don't like Melbourne and don't want the Dees to get Noah Anderson either. Is that petty of me ? 🙂
I’m ambivalent as I don’t see what has changed in 12 months of football. Surely it was more appropriate to give them a priority pick last year and they could have had a crack at picks 3, 4, and 5 after Carlton had its go with picks 1 and 2.

True, we can't have a club winning only 3 games for the year.

I’m ambivalent as I don’t see what has changed in 12 months of football. Surely it was more appropriate to give them a priority pick last year and they could have had a crack at picks 3, 4, and 5 after Carlton had its go with picks 1 and 2.
The Suns got penalised last year for finishing above us on the ladder.

There was no question they needed a priority pick, particularly given they faced the prospect of losing both their captains, but there is no way the AFL were going to give us a priority pick given the players SOS had already drafted in the 2015 to 2017 drafts & us already having the #1 pick in the 2018 draft, so they couldn't give one to the Suns. Instead they handed out some silly State League picks to make it all seem fair & above board.

With us having a reasonably strong finish to this year & the Demons perhaps just bottoming out for 1 season, the AFL can give the Suns a priority pick this time around without worrying about other clubs arguing the case for their own priority pick.

The Suns got penalised last year for finishing above us on the ladder.

There was no question they needed a priority pick, particularly given they faced the prospect of losing both their captains, but there is no way the AFL were going to give us a priority pick given the players SOS had already drafted in the 2015 to 2017 drafts & us already having the #1 pick in the 2018 draft, so they couldn't give one to the Suns. Instead they handed out some silly State League picks to make it all seem fair & above board.

With us having a reasonably strong finish to this year & the Demons perhaps just bottoming out for 1 season, the AFL can give the Suns a priority pick this time around without worrying about other clubs arguing the case for their own priority pick.
Especially given SOS's supposed desire to trade backwards; keep pick 1 for Walsh, pinch 2 picks between 8 and 15, run away with Caldwell and Butters (although, we'd have probably taken Stocker with that last pick, but it would've been much more boring a year without the Adelaide trade).

Walsh, Caldwell, Stocker (if we still did the Adelaide trade, Butters too). I can see why they wouldn't have wanted us to have pick 2, because that haul is arguably better than solely Walsh + Rankine/Lukosius/Rozee for 1 and 2. But then, I still would like us to trade for Izak anyway. Him and Eddie is a recipe for just upsetting a lot of opposition supporters with cries of, "You can't ******* do that! Tell them they can't kick goals from there, it's not allowed!"

The whole Priority Pick thing stinks and allows more AFL manipulation.
I'm glad we weren't given one last year....although at the time I came to terms we would get one...but in the end, we didn't.

Gold Coast do need help but as an organisation and not as a funnel for taking on the best talent in the land.
That's somewhat unfair on other teams and unfair on the kids themselves, if this is the means in which we're trying to prop up a failing club.

Increase their TPP for a couple of years.
Fund them in order to allow them the ability to attain some good coaches/people to the club.
Maybe neither of those work on their own, but there must be other ways to 'support' a club than to throw more 18 year olds at them....and no....if they do receive a PP, in no way should they then be forced to sell it off. More bloody manipulation is not required.

GONE!

EFMqgonUwAALaaZ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's sad.

WADA are in the process of changing the classification of drugs like cannabis, so it would be a much shorter ban compared to the 4 years for true PEDs.

He is facing 2 separate charges - urine substitution (tampering) and now testing positive to metabolite of cannabis.

A
He is facing 2 separate charges - urine substitution (tampering) and now testing positive to metabolite of cannabis.

Apparently though they are concurrent charges, meaning only 1 sentence, whichever is greater.

“Former ASADA chief Richard Ings said because Rioli's positive cannabis sample was taken before he was notified of his alleged substitution on September 11 the cases are considered concurrent, and not consecutive, matters.
"So (Rioli) is still facing one consequence," Ings tweeted. "Whichever is worse."”

The whole Priority Pick thing stinks and allows more AFL manipulation.
I'm glad we weren't given one last year....although at the time I came to terms we would get one...but in the end, we didn't.

Gold Coast do need help but as an organisation and not as a funnel for taking on the best talent in the land.
That's somewhat unfair on other teams and unfair on the kids themselves, if this is the means in which we're trying to prop up a failing club.

Increase their TPP for a couple of years.
Fund them in order to allow them the ability to attain some good coaches/people to the club.
Maybe neither of those work on their own, but there must be other ways to 'support' a club than to throw more 18 year olds at them....and no....if they do receive a PP, in no way should they then be forced to sell it off. More bloody manipulation is not required.
Read on another forum that Gold Coast will have to trade their PP.
It will be used to trade for Crouch, Crows will end up with two high picks if true.

Read on another forum that Gold Coast will have to trade their PP.
It will be used to trade for Crouch, Crows will end up with two high picks if true.

Can someone tell me how this would work in practice and just how much involvement the AFL would have in it?

Let's try this:

1. GC are happy to deal with Adelaide for Crouch, but they want the deal to be fair and want a future second from Adelaide also.
At the end the deal doesn't come about as GC won't be pushed to accept what they see to be unders. Now what?
What does the AFL do? Take it away from them?

2. GC has a chat to Carlton and accepts an offer of our 2019 #8 and our future 1st for their pick PP #1, with a second coming back to the CFC.
Does the AFL say no and then stop that 'fair' deal to go through?

It's simply stupid to be forced to trade a pick if that trade isn't suitable by GC's standards. How can you enforce this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back