No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard people on hear asking for 4-10 weeks and still complaining about Greg Williams getting shafted. That's a cracker.

It should be a fine and at the absolute worst a week.

It’s not about Williams getting shafted - it’s about relativity.

Fines for touching umpires are for accidental contact during play - and they are assessed accordingly.

What Hawkins did was no accident and was deliberate contact, 2 to 4 weeks should be right.

Speaking of Williams . Regarding that game he didn’t get any votes when he had a heap of the ball . He said the other umpire apologised to him in the rooms ( or down the track , don’t recall exactly) regarding not getting any votes. Insinuating a bias against Greg. Why no follow up on that if this is fact. ? Extremely important issue I woull

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Order in the court
I demand order

HbA51aPZGL-14.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows the AFL hates the Blues.

Anyone remember Diesel copping 9 weeks for touching an umpire. I was like 16-17 when that happened and thought the AFL are out to get us.

But Geelong are AFL favorites obviously and shows its open slather to touch umpires if its only a week.

Shows the AFL hates the Blues.

Anyone remember Diesel copping 9 weeks for touching an umpire. I was like 16-17 when that happened and thought the AFL are out to get us.

But Geelong are AFL favorites obviously and shows its open slather to touch umpires if its only a week.

Was there.

Andrew Coates :rage:

Really, hadn't heard that. Tell me more.
If I remember correctly it was the opening round of the 1997 season in a heated contest against Essendon. At the end of the game or final quarter cant remember one of the umpires started to assertively speak to Diesel as they were walking to the dressing rooms, umpire put his hands on Diesel (I think) and he pushed them away and got 9 weeks

If I remember correctly it was the opening round of the 1997 season in a heated contest against Essendon. At the end of the game or final quarter cant remember one of the umpires started to assertively speak to Diesel as they were walking to the dressing rooms, umpire put his hands on Diesel (I think) and he pushed them away and got 9 weeks

That's how it happened.

It was in front of us.

The thing that always irks me about the Williams one, was unlike Hawkins, we cannot even be sure Williams knew he was touching an umpire. I suspect he thought it was some clown like Manton. He was fired up pushing Manton away seconds before so from my perception he was just shoving another Carlton player out of his face, trying to calm him down. He was having a go at serial pest Denham at the time and game over. The umpire should not have been approaching Williams and getting in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back