No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there is video of "past drug abuse" the mantra seems to be he doesn't have real mental health problems and such deserves no sympathy (think everyone who has problems is Ben Cousins by default) that's why i think feeling empathy may make people think I am soft.

Losing your dad to cancer, then facing cancer would rattle anyone. For a young man wearing the weight of a lot of expectations who may be struggling to begin with.....bad scenario.
I would most certainly put football into perspective compared to life itself.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I guess it is important to choose carefully if you are giving ground naming rights to a sponsor. We are lucky with Ikon Park as it reads as icon which is okay. Not sure who signed off on renaming Moorabbin RSEA Park. Arsey Park, ffs

Speaking of awkward sponsorship deals, who approved the Doggies jumper?

They all look like trainers carrying a bum bag at the back. Weird

Sponsor names can be irksome. Wasn't the Sheffield Shield the Milk Cup or some such thing for a while there?

Pura Milk Cup, later the Pura Cup

latest

latest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cop that Caro. Eddie McGuire wants to sign on as Pies President for another 3 years.

Great news for Blues fans. Only 1 flag to show for in 20 odd years as Prez 👍👍👍

I would argue he is the most overrated person in the footy industry.

Least Ms Wilson has seen 100 % more flag success as a Tigers fan in the last 3 years than Eddie has in 20 years as President of the 'biggest club in the land'

Think Caro has the last laugh on Eddie, friend :)

Is it wrong I just wish Hogan had mental health issues and not party popper ones?

Lost his old man to cancer then had his own battle....that alone is huge for any person to tackle alone regardless of how we feel about them. I may be considered soft but wish him the best

How do you know exactly that he doesn't have mental health issues and just party popper ones? Ive seen enough videos of Hogan and read enough across platforms that paint a picture of drug taking and im sure it has played a part in his issues at Melb and Fremantle, but how are you sure what comes first? To what extent does ones mental health have on their usage or what they use and how they respond to it.

Many people end up with drug addictions, alcohol addiction, gambling addictions and many others and whilst it might be the end product, its generally not the cause, so its likely that Hogan has both.

Great news for Blues fans. Only 1 flag to show for in 20 odd years as Prez 👍👍👍

I would argue he is the most overrated person in the footy industry.

Least Ms Wilson has seen 100 % more flag success as a Tigers fan in the last 3 years than Eddie has in 20 years as President of the 'biggest club in the land'

Think Caro has the last laugh on Eddie, friend :)
I enjoyed everything that you said. I hope he stays with em another 20 years, and that they fail even more miserably than before.

Purple from Dribble M/AFL.Com is reporting that The Suns will extend Stewie Dew's coaching contract to the end of 2022.

I get the part about Stability and all that, seems a bit premature to sign a coach up with a pretty dismal win-loss record so far (but admittedly je has been dealt a pretty poor hand so far)

My probably totally incorrct reading of the situation is this - 1 The Suns expect immediate and stunning on field improvement from this season onwards, or they are planning to go on a Tankapalooza style bottoming over the next 2 seasons and get as much young talent into their system, to go along with the AFL's rescue/assistance package.

If the Suns have a good run with injuries next season and Rowell, Anderson and Rankine prove to be as good as they should be, any thing less than 5 wins and another spoon should be considered a disaster, and Dew replaced, unless as I say, they are playing funny buggers with their draft positioning.

All things being equal, Gold Coast should finish above Essendon next season and I say that with complete neutral objectivity :)

Purple from Dribble M/AFL.Com is reporting that The Suns will extend Stewie Dew's coaching contract to the end of 2022.

I get the part about Stability and all that, seems a bit premature to sign a coach up with a pretty dismal win-loss record so far (but admittedly je has been dealt a pretty poor hand so far)

My probably totally incorrct reading of the situation is this - 1 The Suns expect immediate and stunning on field improvement from this season onwards, or they are planning to go on a Tankapalooza style bottoming over the next 2 seasons and get as much young talent into their system, to go along with the AFL's rescue/assistance package.

If the Suns have a good run with injuries next season and Rowell, Anderson and Rankine prove to be as good as they should be, any thing less than 5 wins and another spoon should be considered a disaster, and Dew replaced, unless as I say, they are playing funny buggers with their draft positioning.

All things being equal, Gold Coast should finish above Essendon next season and I say that with complete neutral objectivity :)

GC can't lose with a 2 year contract for Dew, as it's basically a relaunch for them.
If they had faith and vision for him 2 years ago, then that same faith and vision should be there now

One thing I do like for them, they have signed up all of their young kids

I guess that also puts more pressure on Dew to start turning that side around

GC can't lose with a 2 year contract for Dew, as it's basically a relaunch for them.
If they had faith and vision for him 2 years ago, then that same faith and vision should be there now

Suppose you are right.. They do need stability as I said..And i guess there is a lot less pressure for coaches in an expansion/pioneer region club like Gold Coast (least from the supporters)

I don't think anyone would be surprised if Beams did call it a day. He has nothing more to prove on the field & off the field would seem to have been a bit of a roller coaster ride for him. He may well find the pressure release from leaving the AFL behind would be to his liking.
I think there may be a little bit more to the story. Check out the Collingwood board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back