No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, he has to play with the entire team. Just a terrible position to put him in.
Glad it's been exposed though.
Exactly. Horrible call to expect him to make the complaint official to force the AFL to act.

Surely there is right and wrong and we don't need a formal complaint to understand the difference? Makes it even worse if it is already covered by the AFL code of conduct and employment law as suggested by Hugh Rimmington in his questioning of Hardwick.

Make a stand Gil, ffs. Notice you found time to investigate the boots worn by particular players on the weekend, despite no formal complaint and the Pies saying they had no issue with the injury.

“Where we can make our game safer for everyone involved, we will.” said Hocking about the boots issue. If only he took sexual assault as seriously.

I’m f***ed if I can think of another workplace where u rock up at work and get a finger jammed up your a** and grabbed on the d***k without consent and it’s not a sackable offence/legal issue all whilst fully televised. Aside from totally illegal/inappropriate imagine Chol’s embarrassment at having that televised

I have. It's sh*t, but I wouldn't pretend to know what's happening elsewhere.
What would we say should we have vision of Chol doing the same to others?

I'm simply saying let's not pretend we know the whole facts, without knowing all the facts....and if it happens to be that Chol is indeed being abused because of.....whatever the reason may be......what should happen?

All I've seen is that the AFL are weak and what? Let's see what comes about and we can comment thereafter, but yes...the vision is ordinary

What facts do you need? Chol was complicit? Prearranged?

Let's not make excuses for the acts

This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable Alphonse.

In any workplace (including Football Clubs) that is sexual harassment.

Overreaction - come on now!

Was having a good conversation about this with my partner, I was of the opinion that if Chol has no issue with it, then who is anyone to say it’s not ok, it’s his body.
My partners point was and I agree with her, what is Chol supposed to say? Come out and through his two team mates under the bus, ostracise himself, be branded a stiff, a trouble maker?

Chol has just started to get regular games, if he speaks out, he jeopardises that, so he brushes it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was having a good conversation about this with my partner, I was of the opinion that if Chol has no issue with it, then who is anyone to say it’s not ok, it’s his body.
My partners point was and I agree with her, what is Chol supposed to say? Come out and through his two team mates under the bus, ostracise himself, be branded a stiff, a trouble maker?

Chol has just started to get regular games, if he speaks out, he jeopardises that, so he brushes it off.
Exactly why the AFL needs to protect him and investigate it regardless of his involvement.

To hide behind the victim not wanting to cause trouble is cowardly from both the club and governing body.

vlaustin is VC too I think

I mean, really? A friendly unexpected sack-tap has always been a foundational item in the kit-bag of the pranksters at all the clubs I've played at.

Stig O'Hara

Seems like it's the cameras that matter most here? These boys shower together, starkers. This would be happening relentlessly off-camera, especially in a tight-knit team that are chirpy like the Tigers.

EDIT: sorry, should have actually watched the footage before posting. Vlastuin certainly took it way too far, and it looked like the group lined him up for it like they knew what was coming.

Last edited:
Chol doesn't seem happy about this and I don't blame him.

Admit they are on a more significant platform however, I had a serial d*ck proponent on one of my teams. I remember going the full tear the paint off blistering at half time one day, only to find the lads giggling in my face. When I gently inquired as to why they were giggling, I turned to find my injured starting centre with his old fella hanging out in my direct 180. I couldn’t help but laugh.
Not sure if the boys will be boys notion flies in this PC era though, nor am 8 sure if this contributes anything as it was 18 years ago. Tigers got it wrong here and it has been dealt with. Move on.

Ok, finally watched the footage - the Vlastuin-Chol stuff went way beyond a jovial sack-tap prank. Plus it was front and centre on camera. Not a good look and Chol was clearly uncomfortable with it after attempt 1 of 7. Even if being done off-camera, Vlastuin as VC should pick his target better regardless of any lighthearted intention.

Another reason cameras being in changerooms is a bad idea.
Kindergarden antics, if cameras werent there and Chol didnt appreciate the tweaks then he may have socked 'em one.
And field microphones f... em off too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back