No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Really bittersweet news coming from St Kilda this morning. Gutted for Dylan Roberton but thrilled Sammy Rowe gets a chance to get to 100 games.

Always have a lot of time for Big Sam, just a really high quality person, which is what I think Dylan Roberton is too.

Think they made the right call to play it safe with Dylan health, I read the terrible news this morning that Louis Tomlinson sister was found dead from a suspected heart attack. Not a fan of 1D at all, but that really makes me very upset and gutted for Louis, she was only 18.

Hopefully we get to see DR back on the footy field in 2020 (or whenever) but his health and welfare must come first

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
app_icon_512x512-1.png

Admit it - you went straight to Google and typed in "chin balls", then worked your way through dozens of inappropriate images before finding this one...

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
AFL notification; ACL injury to Dale Morris of WB.
Knee injuries are a biatch.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Terrible way to end you're career.

That said, I'd rather that then what's happened to Docherty in the prime of his.
Its hard to draw a positive from this sort of thing, but if one is honest then I guess your right; at least it happened towards the end of his career.
Shocking news for the player, club, and supporters just a week or so out from the start of the season.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I have sympathy but I also believe that nobody forced them to play footy. They knew it was a contact sport.

I'm also not sure the AFL should be held liable considering until recently the medical science on concussions weren't clear on the concequences.
It's been known a lot longer than practicing sports doctors under pressure of getting players on the park would admit. These players put their full trust in the doctor, if they say you'll be right to play again. They'll do that as most of them don't have much to fall back on outside of the sport. Saying nobody forced them to play undercuts the dedication and time they put in. The trust they have to have in their doctors and ultimately the way that trust was is manipulated.

Mccartin is a modern example.. He should never have been allowed to be exposed to a 5th or 6rh concussion as a senior. He has 7 since drafting now. Hes a footy player, not a doctor. He's going to trust his club doctors on the issue. The saints will want their prized number 1 investment to come good. Should've been pushed into retirement ages ago.

I think it's perfectly within players rights to join the class action if they suffered multiple concussions and received advice that they would be fine to keep playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duck them.

I still remember the Fevola to full back game back in the mid 2000s - didnt see them feel to sorry for us.

:mad:

Heh, that's an old post, but yeah, saints are one of my least favourite teams.

The club is set for a rough run, that's for sure

resolute_blue

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
Feel bad for Roberton whilst very happy for S Rowe to get to his 100.
But absolutely no sympathy for the Saints. Was also at the Fev@fullback trainwreck of a game. Their pathetic supporters looking and laughing at us during our darkest hour.
Love to smash them this year more than any other team and do some looking and laughing in their direction just like we always did back in the good old days...

blame pagan for that stupidity - sure, make a point with a lazy fev but do it at training, not in a game for 4 points where gherig is going to kill us anyway...

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Feel bad for Roberton whilst very happy for S Rowe to get to his 100.
But absolutely no sympathy for the Saints. Was also at the Fev@fullback trainwreck of a game. Their pathetic supporters looking and laughing at us during our darkest hour.
Love to smash them this year more than any other team and do some looking and laughing in their direction just like we always did back in the good old days...

1966!

ChrisKaias

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
No supporter group kicked us harder when we were down than the Saints. Even the smug disrespect they showed us after the Murphy/Carlisle incident which that club responded to terribly still rankles.

Their forums sure are depressing at the moment. A good read to cheer me up every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back