No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Seriously, Hawks have 60k members and 14k turn up to a footy match???

I’ve always questioned how the hawk supporters call themselves a big club as they never turn up. What is there membership made up of??? They must be great with numbers...

Mothers day, so a lot of the family pets could not make their own way to the game.

Jun 3, 2018
I'm in the glovebox
AFL Club
Carlton
I had a thought just now.

Historically what has been called a rebuild has been mainly chucking a few pieces out because they are old and putting some new in and adding a varnish etc.

That's a renovation.

What we did was spend years demolishing the entire frame, base, everything, and truly rebuilt it from the ground up.

What we did was a complete rebuild, not a renovation and those take longer.

Can confirm.

not really sure he sells his point of violence at the ground somehow being exacerbated by online abusers.....

As moods darken and the prospect of physical altercation becomes inevitable, it seems evident the rats of the social media sewer holes are being exposed in the daylight.
But now the keyboard warriors used to spewing their foul epithets into hyperspace unfettered by customary behavioural constraints are launching a verbal assault that will provoke real reprisal.

........And it finishes off on this profound note: The drunk abusive louts don't know the limits of decent behaviour, the triggered opposition don't know how to respond, those who went to cheer and shout loudly for their team are lumped in with the morons, and the art of barracking seems lost.

What an odd article. It's all over the shop.
It's a bit of a Milton the Monster piece. Three drops of essence of terror......

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos

Broadside

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
I will disclaimer this by saying I loathe BT, he is a miserable excuse for a commentator as far as I am concerned. Came across this article just now that I must have missed and wow:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/live-au...s-232238399.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=ma

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-circle-on-pronunciation-20190513-p51mtv.html

But his injury status quickly became secondary when he was asked by a journalist: "When someone stops you at the airport and says, 'What's your name', what do you say?"
"I say Fantasia (Fan-tay-sha), so there it is," he smiled.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I wouldn't mind GAJ getting off again so much, if it wasn't for the fact our Setterfield got 2 weeks for almost a perfectly executed tackle.

Michael 'Chrisso' Christian is either A an grade A ding dong or B, or instructed by Buddha Hocking's brother to give Geelong's Prodigal Son a break, take your bloody pick friends, I honestly think both opitions are as likely as each other.

Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I wouldn't mind GAJ getting off again so much, if it wasn't for the fact our Setterfield got 2 weeks for almost a perfectly executed tackle.

Michael 'Chrisso' Christian is either A an grade A ding dong or B, or instructed by Buddha Hocking's brother to give Geelong's Prodigal Son a break, take your bloody pick friends, I honestly think both opitions are as likely as each other.

Christian gave him the week last time so I guess its a case of him realizing they will just reverse it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Rampe gets a please explain from the AFL in regards to his comments to the umpire and climbing the post.

I would love for Dane to reply, 'no need for an explanation Gill, the ump didn't pay a free kick, you ticked off the decision, Michael Christian didn't see a need to fine me, so piss off.

Seriously, you would be forgiven for thinking the AFL was some small time amateur comp.

On a separated note, i have seen 3-4 media articles slamming BT for dis-respecting ethnic communities for not pronouncing Fantasia's name differently over the weekend, when in fact the player himself confirmed the pronunciation was right all along. Im not a fan of BT but he has been treated pretty poorly over this crap.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Brian Taylor's pathetic response to the Orazio Fantasia controversy needs be to called out more by the main stream media.

Fair enough if he didn't know the correct pronounciation, but his bogan, if not racist and redneck justification in pretty much dismissing Fantasia's family and racial background, and his "we prounce it in Strayaian lingo" is crap.

Even though Rex Hunt was somewhat of a bigot, he had the charm to get away with off his sometimes bad taste comments, and apologize when he made a blue, BT is just dumb as Dog Doo.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It's not a far trip for BT to go, from being a dickhead to being a contrary dickhead with mildly racist overtones...

He didn't seem at all apologetic when he used that disgraceful homophobic slur on Harry Taylor a few years ago.

I honestly think 7 should have sacked him on the spot after that, especially given the alarming stats of LGBT youth suicide in Australia.

Christ I miss Clinton Grybas, now there waa a caller who could bring a game to life and have a lot of class doing it. 😢😢😢

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If Fan-ta-sia was playing for Carlton then I’d be talking. The fact he plays for * is a non-event. Call him whatever u want. I’m Italian and he plays for that shitbag team I’m behind BT ON THIS.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
He didn't seem at all apologetic when he used that disgraceful homophobic slur on Harry Taylor a few years ago.

I honestly think 7 should have sacked him on the spot after that, especially given the alarming stats of LGBT youth suicide in Australia.

Christ I miss Clinton Grybas, now there waa a caller who could bring a game to life and have a lot of class doing it. 😢😢😢
Don't remember him, unfortunately.

BT is, for whatever reason, the centrepiece of CH. 7's coverage; he caters to the same subset of society that applauded Sam Newman for decades. Before our game, he point blank referred to our players as ignorant, when discussing the impact the '79 premiership anniversary. Never mind that Docherty - one of our captain - is a Blues supporter; never mind the fact that Jack and Ben, grandsons of Serge, wear the jumper, and are intimately connected with our history, as is Patrick Kerr.

BT should not be allowed to call anyone ignorant; it is hypocrisy of the highest order. That this is his stance - refusing to call Fantasia by his name - is something that bothers me personally; by refusing to call someone by their name, their family name, you are denying that family and all of the people who came before them their identities. Who they are - who I am - is bound together in the name my parents chose for me; I'm named after my grandfathers, for my parents.

How dare he do this, the pugnacious fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back