No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
....and Duck.

Spend a year out of the spotlight....

Heroes, (doctors, nurses and firemen are heroes), in our great game, are always welcomed back.
Moral compass is all ****ed up.

Being good at sport covers a multitude of sins

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
As moods darken and the prospect of physical altercation becomes inevitable, it seems evident the rats of the social media sewer holes are being exposed in the daylight.
But now the keyboard warriors used to spewing their foul epithets into hyperspace unfettered by customary behavioural constraints are launching a verbal assault that will provoke real reprisal.

........And it finishes off on this profound note: The drunk abusive louts don't know the limits of decent behaviour, the triggered opposition don't know how to respond, those who went to cheer and shout loudly for their team are lumped in with the morons, and the art of barracking seems lost.

What an odd article. It's all over the shop.
It's a bit of a Milton the Monster piece. Three drops of essence of terror......

Does he write for The Age? It sounds like it. :rolleyes:

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Adios Shaun Grigg

fQwY1262xSjfg3kzBMhNm25aa-ibe0B6LHeVuZWkSWdihamA8Bu2m4D70XkfXZZxktejfQ=w439-h335-nc

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Rampe fined 10 grand for insulting the umpire I can live with.

Suspended 1 grand fine for the goalpost is inconsistent ******** the AFL has perfected. You cannot punish a player for a "incident" whilst saying the umpire was right to do nothing about it.

Makey uppey has gone to unprecedented levels this year

Rampe fined 10 grand for insulting the umpire I can live with.

Suspended 1 grand fine for the goalpost is inconsistent ******** the AFL has perfected. You cannot punish a player for a "incident" whilst saying the umpire was right to do nothing about it.
sorry, who did he insult?

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
This Rampe v. Goalpost thing is ridiculous.

The rule states you cannot intentionally shake the goalpost. Doesn't say you can't climb it. He wasn't trying to shake the thing, he was trying to gain height in case the kick carried so that he could potentially get a hand on it when he otherwise wouldn't have.

That has been explained to some of the media peanuts. But they're drawing their own roadmap from "deliberately climbing post" to "deliberately shaking post" by passing through the magical land of "deliberate acts with unintended consequences still count". He deliberately climbed the post. It shook. Ergo he deliberately shook it. No. No no no. No. If they want to apply that logic, jumping to try and spoil and accidentally nudging the post would be penalised too. Deliberately jumped. Nudged the post. The post shook. Stupid.

Rampe was, as far as I can tell, within the rules to do what he did. Doesn't make it good for the game, and perhaps that rule should be changed/clarified/added (though it's never been an issue before.....).

As it stands, it looks to me like a deliberate smoke screen to detract from the Ablett/Fyfe/Durdin debacle.

What really amazes me is that people still watch a Channel 7 broadcast with sound? Mute button, people!
Would cut my game day thread contributions by 80%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back