No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
first post I saw on the norf board gives me a subtle sense of things over there.......

giphy.gif

Is Leigh Tudor still there?
Well he'll have an 11 week audition. No way Brad lasts the week.
Rhyce Shaw is apparently the front runner to get the gig for the rest of the season which suggests Norf have someone in mind to take on the gig next year.

North probably go after Adam Simpson big time.
Could do worse than get Patch Adams as an assistant too.

Brad Scott will probably go somewhere else as an assistant. Would be funny if turned up at Cats.
Brad ending up at the cats would not surprise me at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It intrigues me if Adam Simpson is gettable for them. I am not sure how committed his family is to living in Perth for years to come. Maybe they took the job on as a 5 to 10 year thing with idea to move back to Melbourne some time. But how often does a job come up of the club you played for and loved to coach? If he ever thinking of coming back to Melbourne at end of season maybe the right timing for him. If he could go back to back for Eagles almost perfect for him to feel like he achieved everything he could for that club, leave them in good condition and take on a real challenge back in Melbourne with the club most dear to his heart. However, Eagles contract wise maybe one tough nut to get out of unless you only got one more year on contract or had a real good out clause for situations like these. If I was North I would move heaven and earth to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott absolutely torched David King on his way out.

TL/DH King has never been seen at North for years and he was asked to a jumper presentation to a debutant and couldnt be bothered..... that is pretty heavy shots to a guy who has used his "ex player" status to snipe at you to start it

but wait......

But Scott did not miss King afterwards.
"I haven't spoken to David King in years," he said.

"There was a time when I put my shoulder straight through David King, and it was at the Gabba in the late-90s, and he didn't respond then, either. I'm not about to start doing that again, coaching or as a player.

It intrigues me if Adam Simpson is gettable for them. I am not sure how committed his family is to living in Perth for years to come. Maybe they took the job on as a 5 to 10 year thing with idea to move back to Melbourne some time. But how often does a job come up of the club you played for and loved to coach? If he ever thinking of coming back to Melbourne at end of season maybe the right timing for him. If he could go back to back for Eagles almost perfect for him to feel like he achieved everything he could for that club, leave them in good condition and take on a real challenge back in Melbourne with the club most dear to his heart. However, Eagles contract wise maybe one tough nut to get out of unless you only got one more year on contract or had a real good out clause for situations like these. If I was North I would move heaven and earth to get him.
wce are still in contention for another 1 or 2 flags with current team...i doubt he leaves now?

Norf has always been a club that has struggled for resources and fans, even at the height of their success.

Not sure it is the most attractive proposition for prospective coaches, although there aren't that many other options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back