No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not like the Suns havent had a heap of high picks in the past. The obvious question in response to the their request for Pick #1 is - how are you going to improve with an extra pick, won't that player just be underdeveloped at your club and walk to another club in a couple of years anyway? However, it's hard for the AFL to ask that question because th eonly answer is YES, and that just shows that the GC experiment hasn't worked.

They want 1 & 2.
There's no way they should get it.
Would be funny if they did, purely because Adelaide.

Exactly what I was thinking.
The AFL are more likely to construct some sort of mechanism forcing them to trade thew PP.

Reckon they'll be given first access to the State Leagues also, which isn't too bad an idea, as they'd actually be getting players desperate to play AFL football....play AFL football anywhere.

Let's assume that Rowell and Anderson are indeed far and away the best two players of this draft.
Let's then imagine that we do indeed finish second last but Adelaide get pick #3 thanks to the GC, and take a player who they aren't particularly keen on.
Adelaide also finishes just outside of the finals, we get pick #10 and trade it for a once in a lifetime deal.

SOS would be smiling from ear to ear. I can just see the raucous laughter over a good meal and a Chianti, already.

Let's assume that Rowell and Anderson are indeed far and away the best two players of this draft.
Let's then imagine that we do indeed finish second last but Adelaide get pick #3 thanks to the GC, and take a player who they aren't particularly keen on.
Adelaide also finishes just outside of the finals, we get pick #10 and trade it for a once in a lifetime deal.

SOS would be smiling from ear to ear. I can just hear the raucous laughter over a good meal and a Chianti, already.

6fa3a276-23bb-47ad-8e21-5dfe78e420f2_l.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I am wrong, but if the Suns finish 18th, they will get Pick 1 anyway.

WTF are they on about!
I'm assuming they want a PP, which would mean picks 1 and 2. I'm actually all for it; the Suns need to be better than they are, and anything that drives Adelaide's pick lower is far, far funnier.

Exactly what I was thinking.
The AFL are more likely to construct some sort of mechanism forcing them to trade thew PP.

Reckon they'll be given first access to the State Leagues also, which isn't too bad an idea, as they'd actually be getting players desperate to play AFL football....play AFL football anywhere.
Except with the mid season draft access to the access to the State league is not what it used to be and not that much of a help.

How are the mature players they picked up from the State leagues last year going? No Tim Kelly/Liam Ryans there.

"We are past the stage where we say, 'We will give you a couple of players from the VFL or SANFL or WAFL', it has to be something that breaks the cycle."

Ugh, recruit better

Recruiting isn’t the big problem it’s retaining players, because you play in front of a few thousand people in a non football state and a club with no history or soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back