No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some old timers here rationalize to me now Boomer Harver is ranked ahead of Mal Blight in Norf's all time too old. I am a Gen Xer just to young to watch Blighty play, my #CrazyElmer theory is that this is revenge for Blighty coaching The Crows in the 98 Grand Final win against NM. No other explanation makes any kind of rational sense.

Is it just me or are Geelong the biggest whingeing ******* football club in the league? Hear me out here.

All I hear about is how unfair it is that they don't get to play home finals against Vic sides in Geelong, but have to go all the way to the MCG. Oh ******* spare me, you have to travel to play against a VIC side where you will only get 30,000 fans and the opposition might get 40,000 and be louder. Mind you, I grew up in Geelong and the fans are pathetic, hate travelling to Melbourne for games, only interested if their doing well, will only go to the games if it's cheap and to drink. No actual interest in footy as a sport or even watching properly. They barely even make noise, just soft clap with every target that's hit.

But what shits me is they whinge about the above yet ignore the below.

1. They get a home ground advantage as a Vic side - basically gifting them 9 wins a year. Us for example get a home ground advantage against an interstate team and that's it really. Whereas they get the benefits of an interstate team home game, and their away games are often against other Vic clubs at the G or Marvel where their fans still attend. How is this unfair on Geelong? They get the best of both worlds by having a home ground advantage + no away game disadvantage (except for interstate).

2. They can avoid rebuilding because again, unlike any other Vic club they get a go home factor. All of Danger, Ablett, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Stewart, Hawkins and a few others like Miers, Atkins are all from Geelong. The first 4 requested trades to 'go home' back to Geelong. Looks like Jack Steven will request a trade as well as he's from there. Someone requests a trade back home to Melbourne there's 8 clubs fighting for their signature.

They s**t me. Hope they go out in straight sets again. Chris Scott is also a fraud.

Is it just me or are Geelong the biggest whingeing ******* football club in the league? Hear me out here.

All I hear about is how unfair it is that they don't get to play home finals against Vic sides in Geelong, but have to go all the way to the MCG. Oh ******* spare me, you have to travel to play against a VIC side where you will only get 30,000 fans and the opposition might get 40,000 and be louder. Mind you, I grew up in Geelong and the fans are pathetic, hate travelling to Melbourne for games, only interested if their doing well, will only go to the games if it's cheap and to drink. No actual interest in footy as a sport or even watching properly. They barely even make noise, just soft clap with every target that's hit.

But what s**ts me is they whinge about the above yet ignore the below.

1. They get a home ground advantage as a Vic side - basically gifting them 9 wins a year. Us for example get a home ground advantage against an interstate team and that's it really. Whereas they get the benefits of an interstate team home game, and their away games are often against other Vic clubs at the G or Marvel where their fans still attend. How is this unfair on Geelong? They get the best of both worlds by having a home ground advantage + no away game disadvantage (except for interstate).

2. They can avoid rebuilding because again, unlike any other Vic club they get a go home factor. All of Danger, Ablett, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Stewart, Hawkins and a few others like Miers, Atkins are all from Geelong. The first 4 requested trades to 'go home' back to Geelong. Looks like Jack Steven will request a trade as well as he's from there. Someone requests a trade back home to Melbourne there's 8 clubs fighting for their signature.

They s**t me. Hope they go out in straight sets again. Chris Scott is also a fraud.

I actually find Hawthorn and Kennett's whinging the most annoying of them all (he actually believes the AFL don't want the Hawks to succeed/punish them with their fixture)

Take your point about Geelong and their KP whinging as well, but at least it does have a legit case.

Hawthorn want 6 games a year in Tassie and more blockbuster games at the G ? Can't have it both ways Kennett...

Geez I love that post ...

Following from last week, had a look at the defensive line and who are the best in the league.

Interesting to see where Liam Jones stacks up in this conversation. It's a big "what if" regarding his concussion and where he would be if he didn't miss that chunk of footy

I actually find Hawthorn and Kennett's whinging the most annoying of them all (he actually believes the AFL don't want the Hawks to succeed/punish them with their fixture)

Take your point about Geelong and their KP whinging as well, but at least it does have a legit case.

Hawthorn want 6 games a year in Tassie and more blockbuster games at the G ? Can't have it both ways Kennett...
I really don't see how Geelong have a legit case.. They are extremely lucky to have such a home ground advantage which translates to an inflated amount of wins each year giving them a chance of finals where they are consistently found out.

Watch, they will either go out in straight sets or scrape a finals win, recruit Jack Steven, give away more draft picks/young players and be thereabouts again next year. Rinse and repeat.

The best was the big fuss they kicked up when they were playing Freo who finished below them in a final, it got scheduled at KP and Ross shrugged his shoulders and said 'anywhere, anytime', then rolled them there anyway. 2013 I think it was - amazing win.

Gresham set to miss against us in a couple of weeks with a fractured eye socket. He's an absolute gun.

Shocking injury to a quality player. You hate to see players miss games due to stuff like that.

Can some old timers here rationalize to me now Boomer Harver is ranked ahead of Mal Blight in Norf's all time too old. I am a Gen Xer just to young to watch Blighty play, my #CrazyElmer theory is that this is revenge for Blighty coaching The Crows in the 98 Grand Final win against NM. No other explanation makes any kind of rational sense.
not.even.close - blight = da vinci ........harvey = the bloke who painted ringwood timber & hardware.............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL world will have to wait until the real season starts to see Cripps rip the best in the business a new one.

Another AFL thought bubble found to be unworthy of further exploration. You would think they might consider asking someone with a clue before wasting money on these ridiculous concepts.

Not sure if u caught 360 tonight, but the insight into Adam treloars mental struggles was quite eye opening.
Brutally in fact!
We forget that players are people & especially that they’re young people. I think there is a doco on 4 afl players regarding this..hopefully we remember these things when we vent on players.
Well done Adam :clapping::clapping:

Not sure if u caught 360 tonight, but the insight into Adam treloars mental struggles was quite eye opening.
Brutally in fact!
We forget that players are people & especially that they’re young people. I think there is a doco on 4 afl players regarding this..hopefully we remember these things when we vent on players.
Well done Adam :clapping::clapping:
I watched it too.
Good on him for speaking out.

Jealousy is an ugly emotion

I really don't see how Geelong have a legit case.. They are extremely lucky to have such a home ground advantage which translates to an inflated amount of wins each year giving them a chance of finals where they are consistently found out.

If you can't see a case in, how a team from Geelong, feel they should play their home games in Geelong, then there is no point in even trying reason with you.

Watch, they will either go out in straight sets or scrape a finals win, recruit Jack Steven, give away more draft picks/young players and be thereabouts again next year. Rinse and repeat.

Relevance to playing home finals? Or is this just an opposition supporter being salty an opposition club hasn't had to go through the crap we have?

The best was the big fuss they kicked up when they were playing Freo who finished below them in a final, it got scheduled at KP and Ross shrugged his shoulders and said 'anywhere, anytime', then rolled them there anyway. 2013 I think it was - amazing win.
[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhh yeah, now you're talking.

In my opinion Harvey was a good player who managed to play for a long time, Blight was an absolute star.

I wouldn't rank Harvey anywhere close to where id rank Blight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back