No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or are Geelong the biggest whingeing ******* football club in the league? Hear me out here.

All I hear about is how unfair it is that they don't get to play home finals against Vic sides in Geelong, but have to go all the way to the MCG. Oh ******* spare me, you have to travel to play against a VIC side where you will only get 30,000 fans and the opposition might get 40,000 and be louder. Mind you, I grew up in Geelong and the fans are pathetic, hate travelling to Melbourne for games, only interested if their doing well, will only go to the games if it's cheap and to drink. No actual interest in footy as a sport or even watching properly. They barely even make noise, just soft clap with every target that's hit.

But what s**ts me is they whinge about the above yet ignore the below.

1. They get a home ground advantage as a Vic side - basically gifting them 9 wins a year. Us for example get a home ground advantage against an interstate team and that's it really. Whereas they get the benefits of an interstate team home game, and their away games are often against other Vic clubs at the G or Marvel where their fans still attend. How is this unfair on Geelong? They get the best of both worlds by having a home ground advantage + no away game disadvantage (except for interstate).

2. They can avoid rebuilding because again, unlike any other Vic club they get a go home factor. All of Danger, Ablett, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Stewart, Hawkins and a few others like Miers, Atkins are all from Geelong. The first 4 requested trades to 'go home' back to Geelong. Looks like Jack Steven will request a trade as well as he's from there. Someone requests a trade back home to Melbourne there's 8 clubs fighting for their signature.

They s**t me. Hope they go out in straight sets again. Chris Scott is also a fraud.
I hear ya chunky, biggest whiners

They might finish 3rd and have to travel which would shut their whinging up, perfect scenario

Jealousy is an ugly emotion
Rant isn't based out of jealousy.

If you can't see a case in, how a team from Geelong, feel they should play their home games in Geelong, then there is no point in even trying reason with you.

Relevance to playing home finals? Or is this just an opposition supporter being salty an opposition club hasn't had to go through the crap we have?

The best was the big fuss they kicked up when they were playing Freo who finished below them in a final, it got scheduled at KP and Ross shrugged his shoulders and said 'anywhere, anytime', then rolled them there anyway. 2013 I think it was - amazing win.

Ohhhhhhh yeah, now you're talking.
[/QUOTE]
No, I don't even dislike Geelong. I admire what they've been able to achieve since 07, which they've been able to achieve without getting their way and having home finals at Kardinia Park.

I have no issue with Geelong playing their home games in Geelong, I have an issue that come June-September all we hear is whingeing coming from their coach and supporter base about playing home finals vs Vic sides in Melbourne. They have a huge advantage during the year, perhaps the biggest in the AFL and are asking for the same advantage come finals time. Scott even suggested it was a 'travesty' the Grand Final was played at the 'G all the time.

I don't need my rant about their go home factor to be relevant to home finals, I'm just ranting/having a whinge.

Gresham set to miss against us in a couple of weeks with a fractured eye socket. He's an absolute gun.

St Kilda are going to bubble wrap half their list over the next few weeks on their way to a priority pick application. Expecting the dead cat bounce to dissipate by the time we play them, and suspect their club higher-ups see more value in losses than wins from this point on.

Rant isn't based out of jealousy.

Ohhhhhhh yeah, now you're talking.
No, I don't even dislike Geelong. I admire what they've been able to achieve since 07, which they've been able to achieve without getting their way and having home finals at Kardinia Park.

I have no issue with Geelong playing their home games in Geelong, I have an issue that come June-September all we hear is whingeing coming from their coach and supporter base about playing home finals vs Vic sides in Melbourne. They have a huge advantage during the year, perhaps the biggest in the AFL and are asking for the same advantage come finals time. Scott even suggested it was a 'travesty' the Grand Final was played at the 'G all the time.

I don't need my rant about their go home factor to be relevant to home finals, I'm just ranting/having a whinge.
[/QUOTE]

I don’t see what relevance their home ground advantage and the size of it has in determining whether they get a home final, it’s what clubs are suppose to have playing at their home ground, it’s what a club earns by finishing in a superior spot to their opponents come finals time and the reason we play a home and away season.

The AFL in this case and many others make decisions based on financial outcomes first and foremost and not what’s right.

Oh hello ...

Gold Coast AFL player Brayden Crossley is facing a drug ban after returning a positive match day test for cocaine.
Cocaine detected on match day is considered performance enhancing and carries a maximum four-year ban.

Reports circulating that Collingwood have been removed from finals/premiership betting.

Speculation building that there may be as many as 15 other players involved in betting on AFL games, and Collingwood may find themselves bounced from the top 8 ala Essendon.

Not 100% sure, but bloke in the office is good mates with an ex-player and gets a bit of mail. Knew about Stephenson ahead of time, plenty of feedback on Beams' problems etc.

It's all over Twitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports circulating that Collingwood have been removed from finals/premiership betting.

Speculation building that there may be as many as 15 other players involved in betting on AFL games, and Collingwood may find themselves bounced from the top 8 ala Essendon.

Not this year please, just rub the players out...would ensure one of Adelaide or Cheats get in

Is it just me or are Geelong the biggest whingeing ******* football club in the league? Hear me out here.

All I hear about is how unfair it is that they don't get to play home finals against Vic sides in Geelong, but have to go all the way to the MCG. Oh ******* spare me, you have to travel to play against a VIC side where you will only get 30,000 fans and the opposition might get 40,000 and be louder. Mind you, I grew up in Geelong and the fans are pathetic, hate travelling to Melbourne for games, only interested if their doing well, will only go to the games if it's cheap and to drink. No actual interest in footy as a sport or even watching properly. They barely even make noise, just soft clap with every target that's hit.

But what s**ts me is they whinge about the above yet ignore the below.

1. They get a home ground advantage as a Vic side - basically gifting them 9 wins a year. Us for example get a home ground advantage against an interstate team and that's it really. Whereas they get the benefits of an interstate team home game, and their away games are often against other Vic clubs at the G or Marvel where their fans still attend. How is this unfair on Geelong? They get the best of both worlds by having a home ground advantage + no away game disadvantage (except for interstate).

2. They can avoid rebuilding because again, unlike any other Vic club they get a go home factor. All of Danger, Ablett, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Stewart, Hawkins and a few others like Miers, Atkins are all from Geelong. The first 4 requested trades to 'go home' back to Geelong. Looks like Jack Steven will request a trade as well as he's from there. Someone requests a trade back home to Melbourne there's 8 clubs fighting for their signature.

They s**t me. Hope they go out in straight sets again. Chris Scott is also a fraud.
I hate their stinkin guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back