No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a 19 year old who looks like he's 45.
Looks like he is related to El Chapo, can see the resemblance, might have gotten away with it if he hadn’t tried to get a head start on this years Movember contribution.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Looks like he is related to El Chapo, can see the resemblance, might have gotten away with it if he hadn’t tried to get a head start on this years Movember contribution.
Looks like he could be the new singer for Motorhead.

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Loved the commentary re: Collingwood gambling rumour from Eddie McGuire

"The AFL integrity department – this is a very serious department of the AFL, with the backing of Victoria Police – are investigating this," McGuire said.

"Because one, there's defamatory comments … forget about the harassment part of it and all the rest of it.
"But the integrity of the game is paramount to everybody. No one's taking a happy-go-lucky view of this … it's 100 per cent not true.

The first bolded part means that such a serious AFL department would devote huge resources to investigate the spreaders of every negative Collingwood rumour. Additionally negative comments about anyone at Collingwood is harassment.

I think the second bolded statement means that Eddie is offering to the AFL to remove Collingwood's Home and Away privileged draw, play all interstate teams on their home ground's and is happy to play Geelong at GMBHA in the finals?

Maybe I'm reading too much into this?

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
RIP Frank ‘Bluey’ Adams.

This is a cracking read. I remember Bluey Adams from his post footy era as a footy commentator however the folklore concerning his famous entrance and exit in the ‘55 GF was always near the surface. I love the newspaper shot of him being carried off the ground after the incident. So much for duty of care.

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Heard a stat today re Geelong and their bung heap, they have won 88 of their past 100 games there. That would have to be the biggest home ground advantage of any team in the AFL, no wonder they want to play finals there.

Proving, Chris Scott isn't just a pretty face

Dudes got a head like a dropped pie. And ain’t much of a coach

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Heard a stat today re Geelong and their bung heap, they have won 88 of their past 100 games there. That would have to be the biggest home ground advantage of any team in the AFL, no wonder they want to play finals there.

Proving, Chris Scott isn't just a pretty face

They've also had a strong, experienced list for the past however many years, probably has a bit to do with it.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeesh, I just had a look at the 2014 AFL draft - it has to be one of the worst draft classes of the 2000s

Not to mention we took Clem Smith at pick 60 ... next pick was Harris Andrews :poo:
I still don't know why Clem was drafted. Wanting to hurt someone else isn't an attribute, and he wasn't fast, fit, strong and he couldn't find the ball. If he was incredibly skilled, I never got to see it, because he could only find the ball 5 times a game max.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeesh, I just had a look at the 2014 AFL draft - it has to be one of the worst draft classes of the 2000s

Not to mention we took Clem Smith at pick 60 ... next pick was Harris Andrews :poo:

"Elite"
De Goey @ 5
Heeney @ 18 (Academy)

"Good"
Petracca @ 2
Brayshaw @ 3
Marchbank @ 6
Moore @ 9 (FS)
Steele @ 24
McLean @ 26
Miller @ 29
McGovern @ 43
Daniel @ 46
Langdon @ 54
Andrews @ 61 (Academy)
Finlayson @ 85 (Academy)

Beyond that - it's ordinary players, outrights busts, and a few with the jury still out.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I still don't know why Clem was drafted. Wanting to hurt someone else isn't an attribute, and he wasn't fast, fit, strong and he couldn't find the ball. If he was incredibly skilled, I never got to see it, because he could only find the ball 5 times a game max.
Was AA hbf in his junior year which is quite an achievement given how good a year 2013 was. Senior year wasn't at school and form dropped off. Guess the thought was if he could get in a professional program he could recapture the early form. Worth the risk when you consider not much else came through.

Bokan

All Australian
Dec 21, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
"Elite"
De Goey @ 5
Heeney @ 18 (Academy)

"Good"
Petracca @ 2
Brayshaw @ 3
Marchbank @ 6
Moore @ 9 (FS)
Steele @ 24
McLean @ 26
Miller @ 29
McGovern @ 43
Daniel @ 46
Langdon @ 54
Andrews @ 61 (Academy)
Finlayson @ 85 (Academy)

Beyond that - it's ordinary players, outrights busts, and a few with the jury still out.
I'd class Andrews as elite, he is an excellent player

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bluey24

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
"Elite"
De Goey @ 5
Heeney @ 18 (Academy)

"Good"
Petracca @ 2
Brayshaw @ 3
Marchbank @ 6
Moore @ 9 (FS)
Steele @ 24
McLean @ 26
Miller @ 29
McGovern @ 43
Daniel @ 46
Langdon @ 54
Andrews @ 61 (Academy)
Finlayson @ 85 (Academy)

Ouch, I wouldn't you to be my teacher!

Andrews is definitely in the elite category, probably so is Moore and Finlayson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back